Wanna chat?

Hey. how many of you have ever noticed the Chatroom button on the forum?
Have you ever used it? It is live you know and we can chat about shares and property or anything at all. :D

Reactions: Les
Yes, Brenda. I saw it, but when I looked at the instructions (pages & pages) I just thought, bloody hell, that's WAY too complicated for techologically challenged me!! It would be good though to be able to chat live, if someone could explain HOW in simple terms!!

I also clicked and waited..... waited...... waited.

I suppose you have to be lucky to find someone else waiting at the same time you want a chat?

Wylie

OK - let's look at Chat a little differently....

I've heard evenings are good. But then, what would I know - but how's about those that DO chat regularly look at posting a timetable - e.g. :-

"I'm Brenda Irwin, and I visit chat between 10am and 11am most days." Then all those wanting to chat to Brenda will be queueing up.

This thread is probably a good place to start

Regards,

Well l can get into the chat room ok. But l cant see what the chat is about. I can see who is in there at the moment. Do l have to start chatting first?
I would prefer to know the chat subject and if l could benefit or contribute to the current chat.
cheers yadreamin

I'd recommend just saying hello and seeing if you get an answer.

The conversation doesn't just have to about a given topic. It's no different to talking in a room full of people. You can talk on the side in an individual conversation with another person, or you can join in the group discussion. Though, everyone can read the responses from everyone else all the time.

Cheers,

Arkay.

Brenda, being the most successful at attaining a passive income, it must be lonely in the chat room by yourself. I can only aspire to the day when I don't have to work for a living, and can join you :p

I saw Yadreamin log in but he logged out too fast for me.
Ok, I am logged in mostly through the daytime, as I also watch the sharemarket. If I am not talking it's probably because I am buying or selling.

If no one is talking when you log in, look at the list of names on the side. Double click on our names and it will open a chat box over the top of whatever we are doing. Then you can either chat in the box, or tell us to get our eyes back onto the main chat. :)

a lot of end of the day friday bargains. I bought tel @ $3.57 lunch time and it's now $3.51 :( ohw ell still agoo dbuy, long term for yield.

an order on ZFX @ $14.68 but don't think anyone will sell to me. It'd down almost 10%!

Brenda

Well, the chatroom is working.

But you disappeared quickly to cut lasagna.

But if lasagna is more important that chat, sorry :D

The chatroom used to be active- but I don't go in very often any more, and when I do, it's all very quiet.

Many of the names on that list are logged on 24/7 and might be busy doing other things, like working :( or cooking lasagna, chasing kids, or sleeping.

The chatroom chat is sporadic and it might take 1 minute .... or several hours before you see someone chats.

The chatroom can be a powerful tool, I have bought houses, and organized finance just through chat.

Don't expect anyone in there to give you an instant answer to the problem you have ... think about the chatroom like a pub/bar/club etc, if you walked into a bar full of strangers, would you expect them to help you without building some trust.

Chat 101 rules ...

Say Hi, or morning etc .... if you don't, don't expect someone to welcome you, I won't ;)

Stay longer than 30 seconds :D

Cheers

Phil

Brenda

But you disappeared quickly to cut lasagna.

But if lasagna is more important that chat, sorry :D

The chatroom used to be active- but I don't go in very often any more, and when I do, it's all very quiet.

Sorry Geoff, You didn't only lose out to Lasagne, of which my two boys were hungrily waiting for, but hubby was due home any minute. How would it look if he got home and I was too busy on chat to a nice guy called Geoff to feed him? ;)

Back