Want another reason to invest?...

Well might as well get in on the action.

My thoughts and attitude to wealth is -

1) have enough income to do what I want and when I want

2) Spending enough so i don't go broke to early

3) Saving, Investing and Travelling and enjoying life while young and fit enough....

Don't want to be 70 very wealthy and can't get around to really enjoy what I have worked for...

SO this is Craigs latest thoughts of the week!
I feel we are pretty much through all of this sensationalism, from an easily baited media, numbers are up, house prices have moved forward for now, perhaps because of the fhbg, but nontheless , Australia, seems to have come out of this recession pretty good, ?? lets face it it was glorified as being the worst financial breakdown since 1930, ??? we lost some major players in financials in the us, some mid caps went under over here, and its not what was runnung through my when we were alerted to the worst recession since 1930, i had pictures of me learning to shear, and being away from my familly for two years, and nasty stuff like that????? what, have i missed somthing?
So now i will start thinking for me and i think that if all this bad nightmare stuff was seen as the armegedden of recessions , then its should be all up hill from here , thats how i fell about it any way,
Just to be suer i will , finnish my financials, get anew value b4 december, and when i purchase i will be looking for value add stuff, this i would hope will increase my chances of a fire sale price to be only a breakeven point had this arise, over the 2010, but i would expect firm growth untill the next , media drama, because builders are not building faster, imagration is still going to clime, and those new families are going to need homes, with only 22 million people living in oz how could these current prices drop to a staggering 30%, if it was to happen it would have done so, So i think its all beer and skittles, from here on , :D

dunno about beer and skittles, but it's about how you think and where you look and what you see that make it good or bad.

if you're out of a job, 3 months behind in your mortgage payments, have been trying to find a job for 2.99 months and are still unemployed, well, i wouldn't call that beer'n'skittles.

BUT

if you change your mindset, start looking for ways to break out of the J_O_B dependancy (i'm looking at you Francine! :) ) and do ANYTHING to secure an income while you can, well, things might start to look a little more rosy.

oh how i want my nights back. i miss my eminis.

GO YOU SOMERSSOFTERS GO (with harvey norman background music:D)

To hell with what other people think, you are trying to make something of your life.
As you progress along your investment journey, there will always be other people trying to tell you why you are wrong:

1)there are better investment opportunities (yes this could be correct, but do you have the skill set to participate in those better investment opportunities, do you fully understand their risk (just ask your local council about the 'benefits' of investing in structured debt opportunities:D). Residential property is slow and boring for the most part, and thats why it works, but you need PATIENCE.

2) Property cant keep going up forever (over the long term wanna bet (with the caveat of the world blowing up when the sun self destructs, and then who really cares), so long as australia's population grows in the long term, and so long as we have a fiat currency, over the longterm property WILL go up)

3) You are wasting your life when you should be out their enjoying it (well dah, isnt that what most people do, there is a minority out there that is happy to sacrifice short term pleasure for long term gain, if you are not one of these minorities, you are going to find this board insufferable).

So to my fellow Somersofters:
So long as:
1) You invest responsibly in residential property (ie you can afford to meet the repayments depending on your financial situation)
2) You create a long term strategy that doesnt rely on one of these get rich, zero to 300 properties in a year strategies
3) You are prepared to have a 10-15 year conservative outlook to create financial freedom;

then keep doing what you are doing.

To the naysayers out there: YOU CAN KISS MY BIG HAIRY *$!#

Back