Wanted: Place for rent in Sydney Inner West

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but im looking for a place to rent in about a months time.

Time frame for rent would be a long term.. say 12-24 months (i dont like the idea of moving a lot).

While I know I can simply look up domain or realestate websites to find a place to live, i was hoping someone had a property in Sydney's inner west they were looking to rent out privately (as opposed to using an agent).

Preferrably im looking for a 1 or 2 bedder apartment within 800m walk of a train station and something thats relatively modern (ie not a place that still has the original ktichen/bathroom from the 1950's).

Is this a scam. No. Can anyone on this forum vouch my actual existance, yes.

So if anyone have anything of interest, please PM me.

Because i dont like property managers.

Ive got an IP and while my current PM is ok, my last two agents were just plain crap and sat on their butts all day and when something went wrong they shrugged their shoulders and lied thru their teeth.

PM's are good for people who dont have time to self manage (like me), but some folk on Somersoft like to self manage, so i thought i'd try my luck out.

I'd like to join the wagon, I'm looking to rent a 2 bedder unit in the eastern suburbs (Kensington/Kingsford/Maroubra Junction/Pagewood or somewhere close to UNSW). I'm new here and don't have 200+ posts like the OP but I've a secure job, good references and long rental history :)

No one has a place to rent? :(

Possibly more likely that if they rent to you, they lose their anonymity, and if you turn out to be a bad tenant, they can hardly come on here and complain about you...... because you will be reading it :D.

There is the other side of the coin, where you could come on here and complain about your "terrible landlord" :).

More likely that most people with inner west property in Sydney already have them tenanted. I have a 2BR with renovated bath/kitchen that's 900 metres from the train station, but it's tenanted and won't be available within the next month.

Possibly more likely that if they rent to you, they lose their anonymity, and if you turn out to be a bad tenant, they can hardly come on here and complain about you...... because you will be reading it :D.

There is the other side of the coin, where you could come on here and complain about your "terrible landlord" :).

haha, fair call. I would hope that as property investors we would both understand each other.

More likely that most people with inner west property in Sydney already have them tenanted. I have a 2BR with renovated bath/kitchen that's 900 metres from the train station, but it's tenanted and won't be available within the next month.

Drop me a PM if and when its vacant in the future and we can see if something can be worked out.

Back