WAPC amendment [B]PERTH - MUST READ[/B]

Hi all,

WAPC amendment as of June 2009 - DC1.3 attached for everyone's records.

Specifically 3.3.4 (e) page 5 -

The proposed lot or lots will have adequate access and will be able to accommodate car parking in accordance with the relevant standards. Driveways for survey stratas up to six dwellings should be designed in accordance with the R-Codes.

Access ways for survey stratas in excess of six dwellings should be designed in accordance with Development Control Policy 2.6 Residential Road Planning and the Guidelines for the Design and Geometric Layout of Residential Roads, with provision for the road pavement and verges for pedestrian access, landscape and public utilities. Verge widths may be reduced if acceptable alternative provision for pedestrian access, landscape and utility provision is made.

This reference refers to DC2.6 (3.4.3) page 12 - also attached

Reserve widths should be in the range of 10-14.5m and should comprise:

a carriageway of 4-5.5m, although where four dwellings or less are served, widths as low as 3m may be acceptable;

verges of the minimum necessary toaccommodate services, parking bays and
in both verges large canopied mature trees of a species specified by the local
government.

What does this mean?

Chuck out your R Codes as far as Driveway widths goes for 7 or more dwellings. All driveways are now required to be 10m in width for accessways serving 7 or more.

...and i thought local planning bureaucracy in WA couldn't get any more stupid...

Attachments

• DC Policy 1.3.pdf
    168.9 KB · Views: 218
  • DC_2_6.PDF
    231.7 KB · Views: 230
bump for all you perth-ites - need to keep this fresh.

After 1.5 hours? I guess it's sorta important but... :p

And yes I agree - with all the land that already gets lost under driveways in these developments I would have thought the last thing we needed was someone saying you needed to build it to highway width! Why make the reserve so much wider than the driveway anyway? Gotta wonder sometimes... :eek:

apparently makes for more attractive development and allows greater access to services.

here's one for them - why gazette the R Codes and the ungazette them with WAPC policy and NOT inform Local Government about it?

BC,

Looks like the forum reckons this level of detail is well beyond most to even comprehend what the hell you are talking about !!

I suppose that's a good thing for you, otherwise your business would die a quick death.

Excellent level of detail, but I suppose there ain't too many hardcore WA residential developers on the forum. If they were, they'd probably also be aware of this change which will affect them greatly.

Fortunately I don't need to bone up on the WA R-codes and various poncy council changes they force down Owners throats all in the name of "amenity".

My ressy land will never be developed as long as I control the title. The only outcomes are big mobs of CGT if you sell or big mobs of ressy tenants if you hold them.....both of which I abhor paying for.

not all resi developments are a waste of time... these changes may affect our derby development and they will be hugely CF+

'generally' tho I agree.

about 30 developers caught this week in this net - big names like Caratti and Satterley ring a bell to anyone?

not everyone is aware of this because it doesn't come up at DA stage.

ony after you've lodged a DA, sold, and halfway thru siteworks do WAPC come back and say "oh...hang on..."

this planning stuff is painful... you earn your money BC.

if you have a DA isn't that it? surely it's too late to start changing things once you have a DA and particularly once you have started actually developing?

this planning stuff is painful... you earn your money BC.

if you have a DA isn't that it? surely it's too late to start changing things once you have a DA and particularly once you have started actually developing?

unfortunately not, John.

a DA is acceptance by Local Government, not the State Planning body.

they're starting to comment on "design" now as part of their reports, i'd love to know when the WAPC hired Architects and consulted commercial town planners about development layouts....

Back