Warehouse shell fit out - Anyone had experience?

I am considering purchasing a warehouse shell (i.e. new 3/4 story townhouse shell) in Melbourne inner suburbs as an investment.

I have had some experience with new builds having completed 5 new builds in the past, with the most recent being last year, but have not had any experience with multi-story developments.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of investment, and whether they can answer some of my questions, or offer some advice?

What would it cost to do a fit out for a 3 story, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 car space property, and What sort of time frame would I be looking at for completion of the fit out? I know this is one of those how long is a piece of string type of questions, but I am interested in hearing about other people's experiences to gauge whether this may be worth considering.

Also, is there anywhere on the Internet that I can get an estimate of costs?

What sort of due diligence do I need to complete (i.e. building inspections etc.).

Who did you use to do the fit out and were you happy with the final product? What issues did you encounter?

Were you able to generate equity through increased valuations at the end of the project.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Tough one

Do you know a good builder friend?

Where exactly is the property?
Sounds like an interesting project for you

Hi,

Unfortunately, the new builds that I have completed in the past have been in locations outside of Melbourne, So currently I do not have a reliable contact in Melbourne.

The area's that I have been looking around include: North Melbourne (I currently have one IP here), West melbourne, Fitzroy and Richmond.

I did the internal finishes for an architect friend of mine some years ago in Collingwood. It came up fantastic. One of the main things to sort out was how finished he wanted it. He wanted to do things like pulling out the huge big brackets holding the ceiling beams together, or even just paint them. Convinced him to leave them original, they looked fantastic. Didnt win on leaving a huge vertical beam making up the back garden fence which would have looked like a work of art with a bit of work, but he faced it with tiles. There are problems arising like, how to get light down into the ground floor, (put treated glass panel in floor - looked great) Obviously the cost would depend on what you wanted. Would you have polished concrete floors/tiles/carpet etc. Cost-wiuse you will be up for the same as a house at that level, all internal electricals, plumbing, internal walls, lining/not lining ceilings, staircases

I am considering purchasing a warehouse shell (i.e. new 3/4 story townhouse shell) in Melbourne inner suburbs as an investment.

I have had some experience with new builds having completed 5 new builds in the past, with the most recent being last year, but have not had any experience with multi-story developments.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of investment, and whether they can answer some of my questions, or offer some advice?

What would it cost to do a fit out for a 3 story, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 car space property, and What sort of time frame would I be looking at for completion of the fit out? I know this is one of those how long is a piece of string type of questions, but I am interested in hearing about other people's experiences to gauge whether this may be worth considering.

Also, is there anywhere on the Internet that I can get an estimate of costs?

What sort of due diligence do I need to complete (i.e. building inspections etc.).

Who did you use to do the fit out and were you happy with the final product? What issues did you encounter?

Were you able to generate equity through increased valuations at the end of the project.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

wondering if you went ahead with this? i'm sort of investigating this option

Back