Warner Lakes vs Griffin Freshwater

Hi all, I'm looking to build a new home in one of the new estate in Brisbane north, and the 2 places I'm thinking are Warner Lakes or Griffin Freshwater. Any advices or comments on either of these areas would be very much appreciated, ie potential capital gain, social group and level etc.

I did a little bit of research on these areas and I found the following:
Freshwater is about 5 min from Bruce Hwy which is a plus, and easy access to the Gateway to the city direction and up north to the Sunshine Coast. But public transport is quite poor. It is still relatively early in the development and I see there would be alot more houses being built in the next couple of years.
Griffin is next to Brendale which is a growing industrial area, which I think there would be some potential. Also it is about 5 min drive from a train station. I am abit worry though it lacks a major arterial.

I'm looking to spend approximately $420,000 for the new build, ~$240,000 on the land (450m^2) and ~$180,000 on the building, is that a fair price?

Anyone who are currently living in these areas or know abit about them, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

CKW

Please have a look at the current rental vacancies for these suburbs. I was looking in Griffin a few months ago and there were a lot of vacancies. Way Way too many for my liking. It was like Springfield - Augustine Hts. Spruiked.

I have not looked in to Warner as much yet. In my experience Warner would be a bit more than five minutes to the train, closer to ten. Not much parking at the stations, either.

Back