Warning; Investors Club

from their own website...

"Q2. What does the Club get out of this?
Answer: The maximum Club fee is 6% of the purchase price + GST. This fee is paid by the vendor and not you. The bulk of these funds is used to provide the extensive support to Club members. We negotiate with the sellers to ensure the property price will provide market, or better-than-market price, and rental return"

ouch... 6.6%! The best thing they oculd do for the member is to drop their commission to 1.1% and give the poor investor a 5.5% discount... they can buy their own t-shirt and trip to bali from that

Now I know who pays for the glossy infotainment/advertisement-mag with pictures of Kev plastered all over it that I receive every month or two from the TIC......

Never been to one of their meetings, am planning to sneak along to one this month and hand out a few business cards :) Wonder how I will be received?

Now I know who pays for the glossy infotainment/advertisement-mag with pictures of Kev plastered all over it that I receive every month or two from the TIC......

Have heard the median house similar operators source is 30k over market value.....so the 6%+gst makes sense.

Hi.

I just recently joined TIC to get some inside knowledge... Here is an example of their current listed property (see attached) at Kedron which sell for $440K - $460K and they would get commission between $20K - $30K from the builder. The same one for sale by real estate agent for more than 20K each so what is doggy about this deal? :confused:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-kedron-106466963

Attachments

• kedron_1.jpg
    kedron_1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 233
  • kedron_2.jpg
    kedron_2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 185
Investors Club has two very good marketing points in it favour, just in the name:

1. Calling it a club- where it is a commercial enterprise
2. Calling it "Investors'" which implies all sorts of investments.

"Property Investment Group" would have been a more accurate name- but that will happen when P.I.G.s fly.

Investors Club has two very good marketing points in it favour, just in the name:

1. Calling it a club

Indeed - and don't they know it. If they said at the start of the presentation "This is Lisson Pty Ltd, and we are going to charge you 6.6% upfront".

If you pay this amount every time you buy, you'll become a club member. After a while, you might even be awarded a red sleeved shirt, the much sought after PMC.

Once you are "in the club", you can avail yourself of ;

Club Loans
Club Maintenance
Club Legal
Club Insurance
Club Inspectors
Club Researchers
Club Conferences
Club PMs......the list goes on and on and on.

Big Kev's pet project at the mo' is attacking the RBA. They have regular protests at the front gate. He is miffed that someone believes that they know more about property and financing than he does.....and he's not happy about that.

Ahhh.....207 posts and nothing has been achieved. You're all big boys and girls, make up yer own mind.

Often there are threads and posts that pop up where newbies are asking for advice about various investment companies and clubs.

Here's a recent article on Neil Jenman's site relating to the Investor's Club:

http://www.jenman.com.au/news_article.php?id=151

I'm not a supported neither a detractor of the "TIC Club". I consider myself an observer :) I have to admit that the guy with the big hat has the best business resi property model I've seen in AUS. To me it is like he applied network marketing to resi property putting himself at the top. I don't know of any other resi property promoter in AUS more successful than him. No one has that many people working for them and without having the liability of employment. He doesn't have to be selling expensive seminars reveling the "secrets of the rich", the hidden power of the mind, etc. He just sells you property and charges you for it. I see him as a whole sale buyers agent. I say whole sale not because he charges whole sale commission but, because he only does whole sale deals. He can't find just a house or a unit for you. He sells you the entire building or half of the Estate or nothing :eek: And in regard to the commissions, which in my opinion are not bigger than the ones that are charged but many buyer agents, the good thing about them is that you can finance them through the bank loan whereas, the ones charged by retail buyer agents are funded directly out of the purchasers pocket. I guess that the point in not making this clear to the buyer is a negative. On the other hand, I've met many simple people that have built wealth due to TIC. Not because of TIC per se. The fact is that if it wasn't for TIC they wouldn't do anything but, that's another story.

Ahhh.....207 posts and nothing has been achieved. You're all big boys and girls, make up yer own mind.

Exactly!! ... Wife and I were invited to a meeting about 15 years ago. We listened and watched all the excited people telling us all how great TIC is and what they will do for us .... no fee mentioned, but I figured they wouldn't be doing it for free.

We continued on our merry way and continue to take responsibility for our own wealth creation. Property investing is not a difficult thing to grasp if people are prepared to invest time into learning, but many people can't be bothered and rely on others to create wealth for them ... for a fee of course.

You see it on this forum daily .... "I have $xx dollars where should I buy" .... Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with seeking advice obviously, but investigate, read and research first .... invest some time in educating your mind to the concept of wealth creation through property (or whatever).

Unfortunately many today seem to want instant answers without putting themselves out, but they will bleat when their investment goes pear shaped.

Look, I suppose TIC is fine for those people who want to be hand held through the process, but this form of wealth creation is not rocket science, ... you just have to invest time in your own education.

Okay ... that was a long winded way of saying ... I agree with you Dazz ... :D

I'm not a supported neither a detractor of the "TIC Club". I consider myself an observer :) I have to admit that the guy with the big hat has the best business resi property model I've seen in AUS. To me it is like he applied network marketing to resi property putting himself at the top. I don't know of any other resi property promoter in AUS more successful than him. No one has that many people working for them and without having the liability of employment. He doesn't have to be selling expensive seminars reveling the "secrets of the rich", the hidden power of the mind, etc. He just sells you property and charges you for it. I see him as a whole sale buyers agent. I say whole sale not because he charges whole sale commission but, because he only does whole sale deals. He can't find just a house or a unit for you. He sells you the entire building or half of the Estate or nothing :eek: And in regard to the commissions, which in my opinion are not bigger than the ones that are charged but many buyer agents, the good thing about them is that you can finance them through the bank loan whereas, the ones charged by retail buyer agents are funded directly out of the purchasers pocket. I guess that the point in not making this clear to the buyer is a negative. On the other hand, I've met many simple people that have built wealth due to TIC. Not because of TIC per se. The fact is that if it wasn't for TIC they wouldn't do anything but, that's another story.

You are so spot on.

This issue is so silly it makes me laugh.

So by all accounts this is a successful business, they have found a niche market and not short of people jumping on board, what the hell is the problem, why so much concern?

No one is holding a gun to anyones head, if you are not interested in the product then don't buy.

Last edited:
Investment Clubs

6 years and 3 'Investment Club' properties and still insufficient equity in any or combined to purchase another. The road was not paved with gold and better deals can be found elsewhere along with agents to manage them.
My lesson, there is no such thing a a 'property investor guru' with a crystal ball who happens to get a cut of the $ action at every step of the journey.
Use the free internet services and you will find the same properties where you can negotiate the price and the extras to your advantage including an excellent property manager.

6 years and 3 'Investment Club' properties and still insufficient equity in any or combined to purchase another. The road was not paved with gold and better deals can be found elsewhere along with agents to manage them.
My lesson, there is no such thing a a 'property investor guru' with a crystal ball who happens to get a cut of the $ action at every step of the journey.
Use the free internet services and you will find the same properties where you can negotiate the price and the extras to your advantage including an excellent property manager.

Not good new's LOTG where the heck did they suggest you purchase over the six year period?

The acronym for a 'property investor guru' (PIG) is not good marketing either ;)

I was out shopping yesterday with my daughter in Best & Less and I was surprised at the amount of football club gear for sale eg. boys PJ's etc, men's Tshirts - who get to share in the profit from these sales?

Is it the club, the current players, the board & executive or the supporters of the club exactly where does the profit go? To the grounds maintenance.

This seems to me to be big business

You will find that many products are made under licence with club logos etc on them.

The manufacturers of the products pay a royalty to the Club which is featured on the product. The manufacturer also has to buy the rights to use the Club logos in many cases.

So, the money goes back to the Club in the form of revenue, and is distributed from there as per the Club's finance structure.

Wow - The Investors Club - went to one of their seminars last week. What a load of rubbish - more like a slick sales pitch with MASSIVE HARD SELL!! And the property researcher who basically told us nothing about research & more about selling us 4 unit developments in Sydney with zero vacancy & 15% under market prices & how we'd be mad not to buy there now. Isn't the market cooling in Sydney??? More like a well-oiled marketing machine to the developers making huge commissions on the back of developments developers can't sell...personally I'd rather do my own research & stand by my own decisions rather than giving up all the decision making to a company like this..

Back