Warning labels

My son had something sent to him this morning on facebitch about halal certified easter bunnies.

He refused to share the article, but instead launched into a long theological discussion with his friends from Uni on the potential reasoning behind halal certified easter bunnies

I'm glad they mark things with dairy product- if one of my kids ingests the same it will kill him.

Anyone who criticizes food labelling for allergens clearly doesn't have a loved one who suffers from it. To work every item needs to be identified so that there is consistency in packaging so yes milk and butter will carry the warning.

Thankfully I'm protected from my own stupidity. Everyone knows white wine has dairy in it after all. So does smoked meat. Some bacon as well- but not all bacon.

See my point?

I don't think anyone is criticising food labelling per se, just obvious labelling, nuts may contain nuts, milk may contain dairy, etc... Labelling of satay may contain nuts makes sense because the warning is not the product itself.

My son had something sent to him this morning on facebitch about halal certified easter bunnies.

He refused to share the article, but instead launched into a long theological discussion with his friends from Uni on the potential reasoning behind halal certified easter bunnies

What next? HC beer & wine ranges? Kosher crackling? Vegan certified veal?

My girlfriend has some kind of hair device (straightener/blowdryer or something of that description) that warns:

"Do not use while sleeping".

I cant really fathom the lawsuit that caused the company to put that one on the label.
I might have some idea...
In the premiere episode, viewers met Lori Broady, a woman who had been addicted to sleeping with her blow dryer since she was eight years old.
http://www.ew.com/article/2011/02/15/my-strange-addiction-season-finale-video

I don't think anyone is criticising food labelling per se, just obvious labelling, nuts may contain nuts, milk may contain dairy, etc... Labelling of satay may contain nuts makes sense because the warning is not the product itself.

It's easier for the labling laws to just require the ingredients to be listed even if it appears to be self evident. Else the administration would be a nightmare.

How much corn is in corn flour?

How much corn is in corn flour?
* may contain traces of corn? :D

But a proper label for corn flour would be:
* 100% Pure * Gluten Free * Vegan *

and for bonus points * Certified Organic *

039127.jpg

I wonder if I could put a sign up in my front office saying vegan certified, halal certified real estate services. ;)

Or should it be "warning this industry contains nuts" LOL

the only people who do not understand why some easter bunnies are halal certified are people who arent very intelligent.

think about it, if a factory/proiduction line is halal certified all the products coming out would be certified. so, if cadbury is making say top decks today and easter bunnies tomorrow on the same line they will all be certified.

What next? HC beer & wine ranges? Kosher crackling? Vegan certified veal?

all the items you have mentioned are expressly forbidden by some people's beliefs, be it eating pork for jews, drinking alcohol for muslims or meat for vegans.

can you provide a single link where chcolate is not allowed for muslims? the fact that it is in the shape of a bunny is entirely irrelevant

think about it, if a factory/proiduction line is halal certified all the products coming out would be certified. so, if cadbury is making say top decks today and easter bunnies tomorrow on the same line they will all be certified.

can you provide a single link where chcolate is not allowed for muslims? the fact that it is in the shape of a bunny is entirely irrelevant

Lost me Sash

Other than chocolate having gelatine, whats the go with chocolate or bunnies :confused:

Back