Water tanks

$3000!!!! why so much????? what size is it?

im getting a slimline tank 3000L ive already got a pump. (had it for ages) all up to have it ready for them probably cost me like $1000-$1100

Ours is 10,ooo ltrs with a $400 pump. No, we don't have a plumber in the family who brings home any leftovers. It has only ever run dry twice in the time we've had it, but I don't remember when we got it, in the year before the drought broke. It takes up the same area as a hills hoist.

Filtering tank water is akin to filtering the air you breathe.

Apart from a few Asians who wear masks, does anyone here filter their air?

Water, the elephant in the room.

If its not then why are we harping on about climate change?

Ours is 10,ooo ltrs with a $400 pump. No, we don't have a plumber in the family who brings home any leftovers. It has only ever run dry twice in the time we've had it, but I don't remember when we got it, in the year before the drought broke. It takes up the same area as a hills hoist.

Yeah that makes more sense :)

Read all you like, I and all people I know who drink tank water have never ever been sick from it.

And I can confirm that frogs live in our current tank, in fact frogs have lived and died in all tanks we have used in the past, along with dead birds, bird **** and whatever else falls on the roof.

You guys live in constant fear from the authorities about this stuff yet we manage to live on without any problems at all.

Wonder why that is?

Something to do with the immune system.

Get a little dirt on your hands...;)

I lived on a farm for years so I am used to the pros and cons of roof-gathered water and the water quality and maintenance issues.

There are water tanks on our properties, with lines to toilets and to a garden tap. All were professionally installed and to a good standard. We were being very civic minded at the time.

Through experience, I wouldn't install another and I am tempted to remove the existing ones except at our own residence. Think cost/benefit and possible problems, including an increasing litigious rental community being urged on by all manner of advocates. Next there will be inspections of water tanks, sampling and warnings on the water and so on. Landlords are regarded as their tenants' keepers and with unlimited resources. Governments are only too willing to add more regulations that increase overheads.

Read all you like, I and all people I know who drink tank water have never ever been sick from it.

And I can confirm that frogs live in our current tank, in fact frogs have lived and died in all tanks we have used in the past, along with dead birds, bird **** and whatever else falls on the roof.

You guys live in constant fear from the authorities about this stuff yet we manage to live on without any problems at all.

Wonder why that is?

Something to do with the immune system.

Get a little dirt on your hands...;)

I second this!
I lived on unfiltered tank water for 25years+ until we moved just recently. Never had any issues at all, and it is so much better tasting than mains water.
I'd say articles like that are just scare tactics created by the water authorities.

I second this!
I lived on unfiltered tank water for 25years+ until we moved just recently. Never had any issues at all, and it is so much better tasting than mains water.
I'd say articles like that are just scare tactics created by the water authorities.

Ha ha. Has anyone seen whats inside a 70 year old town water pipe? It's full of green/black sludge stuck all around the edges. It's never made anyone sick either.

See ya's.

i do filter my water tho.
they are pretty cheap, i use a 0.5 micron sediment filter cartridge as my water was tasting a bit dusty and making my throat scratchy. its great now though

There was a case in the Central Coast a couple of years ago somebody got very, very sick with a mystery illness, turned out to be lead poisoning caused by the lead washers under the screws used to fasten the corrugated iron roof.

I notice that one of the scurrilous, hyperventilating, news-making 'current affairs' programs is 'investigating' problems with tank water.

Doubtless the entrepreneurs will step in and the quick-witted with their ambulance-chasing lawyers.

Anyone still believe that a tank is a good idea?

I notice that one of the scurrilous, hyperventilating, news-making 'current affairs' programs is 'investigating' problems with tank water.

Doubtless the entrepreneurs will step in and the quick-witted with their ambulance-chasing lawyers.

Anyone still believe that a tank is a good idea?

yes definatley i beleive so! great for washing your car, garden, flushing your toilet and washing dishes perfect :)

Oh no, the water might give some mystery skin disease.

better be careful.;)

Ssshhhh...listen..............is that your mummy calling you....?

yes definatley i beleive so! great for washing your car, garden, flushing your toilet and washing dishes perfect :)

'Your' toilet maybe. As in your own home. There is less likelihood that you as owner-occupier will be encouraged by tenancy advocates and lawyers to be a nuisance at the Tribunal and sue yourself.(sic)

The regulators see the landlord as his brother's keeper, which is a vastly different circumstance. The government regulators, some tenants and their advocates are making rents are lot dearer by increasing overheads.

BTW, how much water storage do you have for car, dishes and laundry washing? Like insulation, the water tanks 'initiative' was another way to waste taxpayers' money to buy votes from the appearance of being environmentally concerned. Pollies and senior bureaucrats still enjoy their taxpayer funded large cars and many more thousands of public servants home-garaged guvvy vehicles for free, some living well away from work too.

yeah something like that...:rolleyes:

i have enough room for 2 x 5000L slimline tanks and a 15000L tank Plus under house bladder tanks and well i might aswell throw one in the ground too ey

Back