Waterfront Investment For Sale

Dear Kev,

You underestimate yourself mate.

Everything starts in the mind.

If you think you can you can. If you think you can't you can't.

The mind is powerful in what it can enable us to do........ or in creating artificial boundaries/limitations.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

P.S. I can remember in a previous life I have even done desktop publishing in Arabic even though I can't speak or read the language. Mindset..............

It's ok Sunstone, every now and then I like to make sure I'm in control of my ego. Gets away from me sometimes.

Nice to know you care though!!:)

I'm not winning so far however. I have an "attach file" at the bottom of this but to privately email Sim it doesn't show. :confused:

I'll get the pictures to you one way or another.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Photo 1

/forums/photopost/data/514/839278_flinders_001s.jpg

[ EDIT: moved image to photo gallery and replaced with image link - Sim' ]

Last edited:
Photo 2

/forums/photopost/data/514/839278_flinders_002b.jpg

Last edited:
Photo 3

/forums/photopost/data/514/839278_flinders_003b.jpg

Last edited:
Photo 4

/forums/photopost/data/514/839misc_003b.jpg

Last edited:
Just to comment on something that Sim mentioned earlier re description of property as absolute waterfront.

I would consider an "absolute Waterfront" as a property that has Title up to the actual water.

A waterfront reserve will have title to a strip of crown land between it and the high water mark.

Opposite water usually implies there is a road or seperate park between the property and the water.

The differences can make a significant differance in price. At Pearl Beach ( several years ago , Absolute Beach fronts would sell for over 1 Mill, while Houses opposite water ( quiet road between house and water ) would sell for around 5-600.

More recently at Patonga waterfronts were selling for 1 Mill while Waterfront reserves were around 600.

I haven't looked at waterfronts in Brisbane so I don't know if the same general rules apply so I would be interested in finding out.

see change

Hi see change,

You may be right, I won't argue with you on that one. My reason for using the word absolute was it is unobstructed and can never be obstructed in any way. To me that's absolute. Neither here nor there in my opinion. You say tomato's .....

Picture 1 is obviously of the house
Picture 2 shows the view to Redcliffe
Picture 3 shows Moreton Island. In life you can actually see the sandhills on the island. It is a 2 hr barge trip from Redcliffe.
Picture 4 shows the Sandgate pier within walking distance.

All photos were taken from the front of the property.

I have just arrived home (past 10pm) from presenting 2 offers to the owner. Still in negotiations, I'll let you know the outcome.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

I notice in pic 1 that the other house on the left towers over your house. Are there any privacy or light issues? Incidentally, what size camera lens did you use on the water shots? Not a long lens, I hope? ;)

Regards, Mike

Originally posted by Mike
Hi Kevin,

I notice in pic 1 that the other house on the left towers over your house. Are there any privacy or light issues? Incidentally, what size camera lens did you use on the water shots? Not a long lens, I hope? ;)

Regards, Mike

No Mike, no issues with light. Privacy however is probably not going to be so important to the eventual purchaser of this property. Because it is waterfront there are always many people passing by with kids, dogs, eating fish and chips etc. As far as the neighbour is concerned though that side of the house is kitchen, dining etc, not too much of an issue there.

It's pretty close to sold I believe, we'll see what comes out of it all tomorrow.

Photo was taken by a Kodak digital DX4330. It has a zoom but hardly anything outstanding. The pictures are a reasonable portrayal of the property, but I could have taken photos of the Hornibrook Bridge, Fisherman's island, ships, boats, local swimming pool and lots more. All this is visible from the property.

Kev

Hi Kevin,
Has the house been sold? If so was it purchased by someone on this forum or by a local? Can i be cheeky and ask what the sale price was?

Regards Tony.

KH

How good would this house be if you lifted it up, put a veranda around the front & side and build in under.

Would make a nice PPOR.

Mr Ed

Ps Do share with us the price even if you can't share the buyer.

Kev,

Can you please advise how big the land is and what the zoning is. All very well to suggest building units, but will the council allow it. The frontage looks quite narrow.

BUNDY

Back