Watsonia Suburb Review

Hello Friends,

Am new to Melbourne and looking to buy my first time home. I am a family man with one kid and working in CBD. My budget is max 600K.

I wanted to know how good the susburb for day care and primary school.

Also is it a safe suburb. I mean I usually finish my work later and prefer to use public transportation.

Is this a suburb which I can expect a good value in future . I mean next 5-6 years time.

Much appreciate your feedback

Many Thanks
Tom

I think the problem with Watsonia is that a lot of it is close to power lines.

How much different is Greensborough or Macleod price wise? You might be better off there if the budget stretches enough. Viewbank is probably going to be outside of your budget these days but has excellent schools. Yallambie might be pretty average for transport unless you can get close to lower plenty rd which has a bus going to Rosanna station IIRC.

Worthwhile to check Eltham, leafy, peaceful suburb and not much further than Watsonia. Same train line as well and should be within your price range.

look at Montmorency as well, depends how far you are willing to travel to CBD i guess.

Plenty of BV style house in watsonia, good for reno and add value. But as mentioned look carefully and avoid power lines

Back