WC predictions

my predictions

1. Chile will totally trounce Australia [ im talking something like 4-0]
2. Argentina will win the cup, brazil will make it to finals with argentina, but will crumble under pressure.
3. Australia will not get even a single point in all their matches.
4. Sergio Agueiro will be the top goalscorer.
5. Players who will star in their teams will be Neymar [brazil], the van persie/robben duo [Netherlands], and Luis Suarez [Uruguay].

You heard it here first.

realise that Brazil was a mistake, with incomplete roads, stadiums and infrastructure. not to mention security and safety concerns. many people fired over the incident.

7. England will be once again full of promising talents in the squad (Barkley, Sterling, Sturridge) but fail under Uncle Roy's 4-4-2

Brazil. Can't see them losing. They don't lose at home.

They have a player called Oscar. Is a gun and has a great name :)

Oscar

I was listening to the news and heard about the own goal. I texted my soccer playing son (watching with his like-minded mates) and reminded him of what happened to the last player who scored an own goal. He said that was a Columbian in a grand final, and that won't happen again, and not to this particular play from this team.

Still... I'd be looking over my shoulder...

Amazingly... my youngest (18) who cannot get up no matter how many times I try to rouse him for anything (work, uni, just because he asks for a wake up call any other day) managed to get up with just one wake up and one reminder after I took pity on him and tried again five minutes later (before the game started). Ain't it amazing what can happen if someone really wants to do something (wake up).

I'll go out on a limb and say Chile is a much better chance at taking the whole thing out than the bookies give them credit for, reckon they'll trounce Australia and defeat Netherlands to make it to the next stage. But my pick for winning is the obvious one in Argentina. Brazil looked pretty flat this morning and had to take a rather comical dive to get back in front.

ODDS TO WIN:

BRAZIL 5/2

ARGENTINA 4/1

SPAIN 13/2

GERMANY 5/1

NETHERLANDS 25/1

ITALY 20/1

ENGLAND 30/1

FRANCE 25/1

PORTUGAL 25/1

URUGUAY 25/1

CHILE 50/1

USA 100/1

MEXICO 100/1

IVORY COAST 150/1

RUSSIA 80/1

CROATIA 150/1

GHANA 150/1

ECUADOR 150/1

CAMEROON 1000/1

COLOMBIA 30/1

JAPAN 150/1

AUSTRALIA 1000/1

NIGERIA 250/1

SOUTH KOREA 300/1

BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA 150/1

SWITZERLAND 100/1

GREECE 250/1

ALGERIA 2000/1

BELGIUM 20/1

COSTA RICA 1000/1

IRAN 1000/1

HONDURAS 1000/1

Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/world-cup-odds-061014

Netherlands vs Spain, 5:1

Looks like our odds of winning (1000/1) have basically became (1M/1), or in other words, closer to mission impossible

Back