We have all been called #$&+'s

I have pretty much read most of the first 227 comments on that post and it really pisses me off how many people simply have no idea and think that for every house an investor owns, one less person can buy their own home and that investors are the one single reason not everyone owns their own home. I would bet that even if all house prices plummetted to $100,000 hardly any of the naysayers would have the odd $30,000 lying around to purchase it anyway.

I suppose our Mr Marx would like everyone who can't afford a house to be given one for free by the government although I'm sure he would complain just as loudly when everyone's taxes doubled or tripled to afford it.

I suppose our Mr Marx would like everyone who can't afford a house to be given one for free by the government although I'm sure he would complain just as loudly when everyone's taxes doubled or tripled to afford it.

well - it has been done a few time to certain groups of australians (i point no finger), only to have the houses trashed, the floors pulled up for firewood, the fittings sold for drug/booze money and basically made uninhabitable within 12 months.

hmmmm, sounds like a few tenants.

fokas

can understand how some people might think this but the same logic could be extended to older people who are ill, maybe it is better that they kill themselves so we don't have a drain on public resources and they feel better or maybe a disabled child who will struggle throughout life, maybe they should also kill themselves. The logic is flawed. People struggle in their daily lives for a variety of reasons. Some more so than others. As a society we have a responsibility to care for those less fortunate than ourselves recognising that there is always a trade off between those who won't help themselves and those that need help. This trade off will always exist but does not negate the need to do so. If we use the same logic and you developed meningitis which paralysed you would you be better off killing yourself ? i am sure your family and friends would say no of course not. And deep within you would also know that killing yourself is always the easiest option. Thankfully not something our ancestors thought about while going to war. If they did the world would be a very different place.

A friend of my had the job of going into these houses that were treated like you said and paint them once a year. Paid by the taxpapers, to go in there once a year to paint the WHOLE house. Apparently the places were absolute pig sties and the boss told him not to worry about edges, power points, etc, just paint it all one colour!

Back on topic.

I don't understand how this guy can logically come up with what he has said. If there were no investors, then how many people would be either on the side of the road homeless or needing the government to put them in housing commission? Fact is, there are people out there that don't want to buy a house and would rather spend every cent of their pay on 'living it up' and renting.

well - it has been done a few time to certain groups of australians (i point no finger), only to have the houses trashed, the floors pulled up for firewood, the fittings sold for drug/booze money and basically made uninhabitable within 12 months.

hmmmm, sounds like a few tenants.

I think you must have been reffering to some other post of yours when you typed the words in the brackets.

I smell a rat

Hmmmm people, I think this is a blog done entirely to get reations from people. Funny that the very first reply to this blog post is from a irate "investor" who goes on in very similar language to the blogger. I smell a rat. Seeing as the "investor" Ross Sharpe of Brisbane, has elicited responses from some pi****ed off people, I'd say that the blogger is "Ross Sharpe of Brisbane" and has gotten exactly the reation he was looking for. Better to have a greedy investor reply straight up to stir things up and give others someone to aim their tirade at than a long list of posters crying together in unison.

Anyone here qualified in the use of english grammer and syntax care to pass opinion as to weather the blogger and Ross Sharpe are indeed the same person?

I may even post my opinion on this on the blog, see if I am right?

i have absolutely no idea what your talking about ... maybe i'm just being obtuse and it's all going over my head.

I remember when I was a wee fella and being in earshot when a prospective tenant said to my Dad, your flats are a bit basic mate. Dad said, "Yes, we built them that way for people who want to pay low rent and save to buy their own place".

If a person is homeless, it's mostly their problem they're homeless! Whether there was property investors or not, they wouldn't be able to afford it because many are too busy spending it on drugs!

It's easy to criticise and point blame when life is good... You sound youngish, so you are excused, but people don't volunteer to become homeless. Most have had some really bad luck in their lives and turn to drugs, theft, etc because they literally have nothing left to live for and it's their only escape from reality. I feel sorry for homeless people, they are human beings too.

Back