we need to know ... your name

I'd like to suggest that the ability to post anonymously be abolished..

or if not , maybe the phrase anonymous could be changed to "gutless wonder"

see change

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Why is there so much debate about being anonymous when anyone can make up a name anyway?

Why if someone makes an anonymous post do numerous people jump down their throat and assume the worst?

Why do birds suddenly appear ......

Reply: 1.1

I agree.....I really don't think this is much of an issue.
To be honest, is 'see change' much more 'revealing' than 'anon'?

Reply: 1.1.1

It is possible that no-one is appearing under their full legal name. I do think however that a "name" allows us to build up a picture of that person formed from the total impression left by all their postings.

Anon is many people including perhaps people that post under other names. I do think however that there are many motivations for posting as anon and that some of them may be reasonable and the posting may be beneficial to us all.

GoAnna !
Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is. (Mark Twain)

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Dear Forum...I am that anonymous poster.

I am also a regular contributor on this forum. My post was not a malice or revenge post, nor was it one where my intention was to escape responsibility for my actions. What responsibility was there to escape? If the article in question was in fact about the man in question, it's not me who needs to face up the music.

Personally, I don't like anonymous posts. In this instance, though, I felt that posting under my forum name would detract from the subject and purpose of my post. See Change, I know you, and quite frankly I'm suprised by your reaction. If my post was saturated with opinion, abuse, allegation and public ridicule, I would understand your point. It wasn't, it was an actual newspaper article written by whoever. So it begs the question, 'Why react like that?' Would posting under my forum name have made a difference?

I believe that investors, experienced and beginners, need to be aware of who they are dealing with when it comes to parting with their savings and trusting someone. I have left the matter open for discussion and the opportunity for the person in question to show that it is simply a case of mistaken identity. If we were talking about HK, PS or any high(er?) profile investor, I'm sure we'd all expect the same....or am I wrong here?

Best Regards

Still Concerned.

Reply: 2

People have the right to anonymity and there are many valid reasons for doing so (some may not want to be hounded for information). I don't use my regular email address here because I don't wish for it to be harvested for it's marketing value.

The fact is, that if someone performs an illegal act here anonymously or under an alias, they can be tracked. Any diligent web site maintains logs which include an IP address which can be correlated with the logs of your service provider as evidence of who said what. Whilst a court order is required for the proper authorities to access this information, it has successfully been used as evidence in computer related crimes in the past.

The name you post under makes no difference. If someone posts here and does not want to be identified by others here, they have that right. If individuals want full disclosure if identities here, then perhaps they should start by volunteering their full names, addresses and telephone numbers.

PT_Bear

Reply: 2.1

Forgive me, but I must have the wrong forum.
I mistakingly presumed that it was set up so that people can help each other and share information. Maybe it should be renamed the Jerry Springer Forum, as all people seem to do is b*#+h and whine.
If some of you put as much energy into your wealth creation (not to mention helping others who are genuine contributors), then we might just achieve our goals quicker.
Who cares what name you use? It seems that those who complain don't even use their own names. Talk about hypocrisy!
Sam
If you didn't catch it, Sam.

Reply: 2.1.1

Is 'See Change' a real name ?

we need to know ... ANY NAME

Reply: 2.1.1.1

G'day all,

My two cents worth - with so many Anonymous posts, it is easy to become confused when discussing someone's posts (e.g. Anon posts, then during the course of posting, two OTHER Anon's join in the discussion).

I would prefer to see a pseudonym that identifies one Anonymous poster from another.

I don't care if you wish to post anonymously (in fact, I would support your right to do so) - but perhaps consider creating an "Anonymous" pseudonym for yourself for those occasions when you don't wish to use your "forum" name. Of course, to RETAIN your anonymity would mean not sharing your Anon "pen name" with any other forum members when you get to meet up.

By all means, remain anonymous, but (to help others keep track) create a special anonymous name for yourself, memorise it, then eat the paper its written down on ;^) Then use it sparingly for those special occasions. Call yourself Hungry Jack, or mmftbwm - whatever, so long as it sets you apart from other posters. It can then remain as anonymous as YOU chose to keep it.

As an example, See Change is a pseudonym, affording the writer a certain anonymity (until the first BBQ !!!) - but See Change may well be using another pen name too (I don't know if he is, or not - it doesn't matter to me). But I know him as See Change at BBQ's. And that's OK with me.

Les

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

he he he,
I think I would rather have put up with the epithet 'See' - even though my father had been cursed with a name like 'Change' than be forced to answer to the reptillian address goanna. Kerry Packer spent millions trying to kill off that one! Call me Mr old fashioned, but isn't a name a name?

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

Seems I'm "out voted" on this issue.

No, See change is not my real name, but it is a name I use consistently on this and other forums. Multiple members have met me in the "real world".

I don't post under other names. If I feel uncomfortable about posting my thoughts under "my name" I don't post it. There are many times where I've written a post , only to delete it on reflection , prior to posting.

Happy investing see change

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hello,

My name is not Peacekeeper Pierre.

Peacekeeper Pierre.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Rasputin is my real name, I am a mad monk from a past era, I am down on my luck at present and looking at different ways of making more money to restore the monastary.... IP looks best way...

Back