We need to know..

W

WebBoard

Due diligence also means doing research on the people who are selling their wealth creation services to you.

I did that.

A JV consisting of ME putting my hard earned savings in the hands of someone else requires absolute trust.

Please tell me this isn't the same Michael Yardney. I sure as hell hope it's not.

Then, I may trust....

Concerned.

http://www.theage.com.au/daily/990909/news/news14.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

The link doesn't work. How did you find it Michael?

Cheers,

Dave
:)

Reply: 1.1

ok, ok, ok - I click on it - nufin'!

Dave ma man, you and me gotta have crappy 'puters or sumfin.

Can somebody pleez help dis dumbo open dis link?

Coooheeee!!??

Da suspense iza killin' me!

Reply: 1.2.1

what made you think they are same

Reply: 1.2.1.1

*gulp*

Ok everyone, regardless of how it may appear, I think it's only fair that Michael Yardney has the opportunity to post a response before the entire known universe passes a judgement that may not be warranted.

Dave

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1

Are you guys serious? You think that Michael Yardney is a doctor who has been posing as a developer?

Here's hoping that anyone out there in the world with MY name offends no-one at any time for any reason.

So if you hear anything suspicious it is just my evil twin. OK?

GoAnna !
Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is. (Mark Twain)

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1

*grins*

Yeah GoAnna!, like anyone is ever going to come across another person
with the name of a large lizard! I think you're safe! :p

Cheers,

Dave

p.s. Hope you had a great birthday yesterday!

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1

The one question I'd ask is

If some one is going to post something like this , why don't the have the "Guts" to put their name to it , rather than post anonymously.

I for one would like to have the ability to post anonymously be abolished. If you're going to say something or post something you shouldn't be able to avoid "responsibility" for your actions.

There are situations where people would like to say things which would be of "public interest" but are concerned about possible litigation , in particular in relation to marketing of various products/ services. It's always possible to post a general reply in those situations that would make any one but the most nieve wary.

see change

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

While not making any direct comment on the subject under discussion, perhaps it has escaped your attention, "See Change" that you are, in fact, posting anonymously, and that most, if not all, participants in this forum take advantage of the ability to make comments under a 'non de plume'.

The original post in this thread raised the matter of due diligence involving more than the physical address of a property, and that perhaps due diligence should also include the bona fides of the person or company offering the opportunity.

The author of that post then asked for assurance that there was not a case of mistaken identity because of the similarity of name as reported in 'The Age' article.

Considering that there a number of search engines available to all who subscribe to the internet, it is possible to find reference to anything that has been published and quite a lot which has not.

google.com.au, yahoo.com, anzwers.com.au, for example, will search and return on any name, topic or subject which you care to ask for. Why not look yourself, your family, your employer up on the net? This puts a whole new meaning into the term 'not known'.

Once again, this forum provides an opportunity for people to share and discuss points of view. Which, after all, as the Romans designed in the pursuit of freedom of speech, is what a forum is all about.

Kristine

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I do believe the lady has a point.

Jude

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Many years ago I made mistakes of which I am very ashamed and for which I have been punished through the legal system. I have paid all my dues that society has required but in addition to this, I lost my professional standing as a doctor and my family. No monetary value can be placed on the embarrassment, shame and loss that I suffered.
I have declared these past matters to all close business associates and referred to my past legal difficulties at my seminars.
Since then I have worked long and hard at rebuilding my reputation and my personal wealth.
My record as a successful property investor and developer for over 25 years remains unblemished.
My good name and reputation in respect to honest, ethical and professional conduct pertaining to my property dealings for in excess of 25 years has never in any way been tarnished. As a result of my past indiscretions, I now more than ever value my good name and reputation, and I am determined to continue to work long and hard to see that it is maintained and sustained.
I have always encouraged that any party I have entered into a commercial transaction with, complete due diligence investigations into all aspects of the transaction and consult with their solicitors and accountants. This is to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect the people with whom I do business. It is only after full disclosure and after receiving such independent advice that people choose to be involved with Metropole Properties Pty Ltd.
It is with remorse and regret that I must carry the shame of my past and I am committed to my family and business colleagues that I will never walk that path again.
If you have any queries, I would encourage you to contact me.

Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

What can I say ? Wow ?

I really appreciate such a frank and honest reply that put to rest any uncertainties on the matter.

Thankyou Michael.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Agreeance here to.

Thankyou for the openess.

Regards
Robert

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

What does this have to do with property investment?

You don't make a business decision based on people's private life, do you?

Regards
yuchun
~ The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. ~

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

On 8/2/01 12:23:00 AM, Yuchun Chen wrote:
>What does this have to do with
>property investment?
>
>You don't make a business
>decision based on people's
>private life, do you?

Actually I do.

Understanding a persons private life (if you can) and understanding why it is they make the decisions they do, helps you become more intuned to their way of thinking so that you can either work better with them or negotiate against them more effectively.

Now of course, it is not always possible to get to know someone like that before having business dealings with them, and you need to go into any situation fully aware that you don't really know who this person is, where they are coming from, and what their needs are.

The key point is that in my opinion, there is no separation of the personal and professional self. Who you are in private carries over to who you are in your business dealings and vice versa, although some people do try to wear masks and indeed try to lead entirely different lives at home and at work.

The fundamental choices people make every day in any situation are governed by their belief and value systems. People who try to walk both sides of the street tend to trip over while crossing the road.

So what about a situation like the one raised in this thread ?

Forgiveness is an incredibly wonderful and empowering gift. I try to judge people on how they deal with their problems rather than what problems they have in the first place (whether forced upon them or self inflicted).

Everyone has weaknesses, and everyone has the ability to rise above those weaknesses. Honesty, openness, and confession is the first step down the path to forgiveness and healing.

If someone can not be honest and open about an issue they have had in the past, can you really expect them to be open and honest about your business dealings ? Business dealings, and especially partnerships and joint ventures require a significant degree of trust. How can you trust someone with your business or with your money if they are fundamentally dishonest ?

I do not know Michael, or have any knowledge of his past (other than that article and what I know of him through the forum), and I do not currently have any business dealings with him. I have not formed an opinion as to whether I would have business dealings with him or not - because I do not know him.

My comments here have been more of a general nature than specifically relating to Michael and his situation.

Enough philosophising for today ;-)

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Let he or she who is without sin cast the first stone.

Just then a lady in the crowd threw a stone. As Jesus looked around he recognised the woman's face and said: "Gee Mum, you really s**t me sometimes".
The moral is, who are we to judge?

Back