Web site to arrange Skype meetings

I once had a Skype call arranged from another country. I was emailed an invitation with a range of suitable times; I clicked on the link and chose a suitable time from those listed, with the listed times shown in my time zone.

I haven't been able to find a comparable site. Many only show a range of times- the recipient doesn't have a chance to choose a suitable time (these are mostly one on one meetings).

The site needs to be accessible from multiple platforms, so a phone app is not suitable. A Flash dependant site would similarly be unsuitable. It needs to send an email when the person who arranges the call chooses a range of times.

If anybody knows which site was being used, or could be used, it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Can't you arrange a time using Skype by leaving the other party an offline message that they collect when ever they log on?

You dont need to be online together in order for them to receive it.

doodle dot com

That doesn't give the international time zone comparisons.

There are sites where I can enter the two time zones, where it shows me a chart of times which can be suitable. But the sites I've seen so far only allow me to choose a time zone- I want the recipient to choose based on a range of choices I put in.

Can't you arrange a time using Skype by leaving the other party an offline message that they collect when ever they log on?

You dont need to be online together in order for them to receive it.

I want to arrange an appointment where the two parties know ahead of time that they have an hour or so to spare.

If you book a meeting in outlook - Im pretty sure it pops up at your time zone (if you have the setting correct).

You can share calendar details to check their availability.

Blacky

I think Meet Me Schedule Once will do what you want.

http://www.meetme.so/

I know someone who uses it. Clients can go to her link, choose their timezone, choose length of appointment, choose a day, see what times are available, and request the booking. She then gets an email and can approve the booking.

There is also the option to include a cancel/reschedule link in the confirmation email so that the client can propose a new time if needed.

If you book a meeting in outlook - Im pretty sure it pops up at your time zone (if you have the setting correct).

You can share calendar details to check their availability.

Blacky
Thanks- but I can't rely on the other person having Outlook. I use Outlook at work myself, but don't use it at home.

I think Meet Me Schedule Once will do what you want.

http://www.meetme.so/

I know someone who uses it. Clients can go to her link, choose their timezone, choose length of appointment, choose a day, see what times are available, and request the booking. She then gets an email and can approve the booking.

There is also the option to include a cancel/reschedule link in the confirmation email so that the client can propose a new time if needed.

That link doesn't work for me :-(

Edit: actually scheduleonce.com does what I want, and a whole lot more- except that it costs. Only $US5 per month after a 14 day free trial, but I was hoping for a free solution, as it is for an organisation with very little money.

How about timeanddate.com?

They have a "International Meeting Planner: Finding the best times across time zones"

www.timeanddate.com/

That does a really nice visual job of displaying the mutual time zones. But I can't see that it sends a link to the other person, or allows the other person to select a meeting time from a list of options given, which would be really useful.

Hi Geoff,

I found a blog "Free tools for scheduling your next meeting' that says to use TimeandDate.com to find the best times across time zones then use a scheduling tool like 'Meeting Wizard' to send specific set of possible meeting times to the email addresses of the people you're inviting. Each person receives an email with a link back to a survey showing the suggested meeting times and clicks on those that they can attend.

Meeting Wizard is the oldest and one of the simplest services
http://www.meetingwizard.com/mwiz/home/default.cfm

Excerpt from the blog:
"In our recent webinar on holding online committee meetings, Mary McCrae talked about the challenges of scheduling a meeting between people spread across different time zones. This problem has always been part of working with national and international association committees, and she recommended tools to help. Take a look at the services profiled below and see if there's one that will help you schedule your next meeting".

Free Tools for scheduling your next meeting
http://blog.lucidmeetings.com/blog/free-tools-for-scheduling-your-next-meeting

BG, that seems to be the best option I can find. It would have been better to have had them both in one function- as the people who are going to use it may not be the best in computers, and they are Spanish speakers. I'll see how I go with it, thanks.

Back