Webbio and Postiet

Two webboards, both alike in function,
In fair webdom, where we lay our scene,
From ancient page break to new stylishness,
Where civil post make civil answer come.
From forth the fatal speed of page did align demise
A pair of star-stud'd forums held for all;
Whole-untheorised answers await
Do with their queries calm their authors fears.
The fearful passage of their post-mark'd thought,
And the continuance of their inevitable passage,
Which, but their author’s end, nought could remove,
Is now the daily traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient eyes attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend

asy :D

Whether tis nobler....

Asy, Asy, wherefore art thou, Asy ?

Aside:
Alas poor Asy - I knew her well ... what calamity is this? Methinks poor Asy hath flipped her lid. Mayhap the role of "moderator" hath sealed her doom. But soft, methinks one must abide, and render aid to those of such affliction

Soliloquy:

"To be, or not to be - whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows that strike our Asy forum moderator - or take up arms against Asy's troubles, and so, opposing, end them."

Wouldst that I could flee me now to a future time, and thus assist poor Asy

2002:

Asy, don't give up, girl - we're with you... And we can see this through together. You're now in the best city in the world (with apologies to Melbourne ;) ) Stay calm, breathe deeply - have a nice cup of tea, and all of this will pass.

Us moderators need to stick together - it's a tough job, but someone has to do it, eh!

Whatever you do, don't move on to the final scene !!! It ain't too nice. You can fight this - it will pass....

(Whew! All this "old English" can be quite draining .... Might be time for me to have a good lie down too) :)

One cappucino, please - get one for yourself too, and let's sit down and have a chat ....

Regards,

New Forum ammended rules

No. 124 (b) (1)

....Moderaters should refrain from posting on forum after excessive intake of alcoholic beverage and whilst in a state of gross intoxication.

regards

I drunk not wassssss .

Seriously, I had not been drinking, it was written at 6am!!!

I just felt that the new forum should be brought in with style!!

Also, I wrote a farewell to the old one, which I will reprint here for all those who are no longer checking the old forum...

Alas, poor Webboard! I knew him,
Ian: a fellow of infinite thought, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne us on his board a thousand times; and now, how ingrained in my imagination it is!
My pride rims at it.
Here hung those posts that I have read I know
not how oft.
Where be your posts now? your ideas? your questions? Your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar?
Not one now, to mock your own abilities? quite post-fallen?
Now get you to new forum's chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come; make her laugh at that.

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of dreams what posts may come...

Farewell sweet webboard, we will look fondly on you from time to time, and I say all ye who posted here, we shall revel again, in the new forum beyond.

Les thanks for getting into the thespian spirit!!

Anyone else care to try??? :)

asy :D

G'day Jakk,

You said "Moderaters should refrain from posting ....... whilst in a state of ..gross intoxication.

I've had one or two, mate, but 144 is somewhat beyond my capabilities :)

(With apologies to those younger ones who don't understand the old measures.... )

Hey, how about some bad doggerel to spruce this up...

I wandered lonely as a cloud,
that floats on high past Dale and Will,
And all at once I saw my host,
And Somers people making deals.

Back