Website builder wanted!

Thanks for your reply guys. I want someone locally so that I can just hand it over to them and get it done. I just don't have time to deal with it now but urgently need a web presence. I will definitely look at these options when I look to upgrade the site though. Thanks
I managed a Brazilian based freelancer.com resource ($1,500) through a WordPress/Woocommerce implementation for a small Auto Electrical business.

I probably spent 10 hours before handover (Skype/Testing/Acceptance type activities) and another 50-60 after handover fixing, configuring, authoring and generally getting it good enough for the customer (my brother). I PM software projects during the day and at a very generous friend's and family discount for my night work came in at about $7,500. After tax I walked away with about $2,500 as the remainder was Cost of Goods Sold that I passed on.

I get why you want someone local. The final solution and communication is much stronger. If I had time myself I'd throw my hand up for the job (despite the miserly financial gain) but I can check with a couple of guys here in Brisbane that might be able to help you if that budget figure is within your own expectations. Let me know.

Like other's have mentioned, try the likes of Wix if you need something that's easy and quick.

If you have sometime, look for domain + hosting and install CMS, the like of Wordpress + Theme. I make my own website and friend's this way. Looks decent and you don't need to be a wiz - plenty of tutorial and themes out there to customise.

Initial cost
  • a .com.au domain for $25 for 2 years
  • small sized web hosting $60 a year unless you want full blown capacity
  • Wordpress - free
  • Template - there are free and paid but usually not more than $100
  • Hours and hours of your time

I have built many a website since 2005, including many businesses.

I can tell you, anyone looking to charge you $25k for a website is beyond ridiculous.

I could have what you need completed and up and running within 24hrs for 5% of that price... With Paypal integration, the lot.

Ongoing monthly hosting fees - $10 per month.

Domain: $25 for 2 years.

Dont be ripped.

Back