Website building software?

Seems a few on here may be able to help out. I'm looking for some low cost software to create my own website. It needs to allow people to log on and then post their own photos (not necessarily hosted on the site if it's going to end up too large).

Any suggestions?

you can download photo gallery scripts from the net

as for low cost website building software - wordpad does a good job, Hapedit is not bad too if you want tags highlighting

Seems a few on here may be able to help out. I'm looking for some low cost software to create my own website. It needs to allow people to log on and then post their own photos (not necessarily hosted on the site if it's going to end up too large).

Any suggestions?

go to scriptlance and ask someone to build it for you but yes lots of software around the net free it's the installation thats a pain

Good web authoring softwares have a bit of learning curve. It is almost not worth it for a single use unless you have plenty of time and interest in this sort of thing.
Nothing beats the Dreamweaver (Now Adobe owns) but it is expensive.
Updating can be a bit difficult with this sort of desktop softwares.

Alternative is to use some sort of pre-scripts.
In my opinion Joomla is a the best CMS (Content Management System) with lots of features . Coppermine is a great image gallery system. Once installed and configured then you can update the site very easily from anywhere if you have the internet connection.

Regards,
devank

thanks guys. I've used Joomla a bit for our business but more just editing etc rather than an actual build. might give that a go first.

Back