Websites for Cheap Flights

I'm sure I have seen many recommendations in various threads in the past, but

1. I am feeling a bit slack this morning to search through them
2. there may be new sites/tools etc out

So here goes: which website (or agency for that matter) do you use to get cheap international flights?

The Y-man

Depends on where you are and wanting to fly

AirAsia for Asia
Ryanair, easyJet for EU
Webjet, is also another good one for cheap flights

Do you book through Adioso? Or just use it for pricing to take to the travel agent?

I just can't bring myself to buy thousands of dollars of airfares from the third party site :confused:

Worth noting though that after you find a flight via one of those sites to check on the airline site directly for the same flight.

Often the airline provides a similar price, but without the fees that sites like Webjet will add on.

Ive heard aswell (don't know if its true) that if you keep revisiting a site without booking it can bump prices up or something like that. deleting the cookies should stop this happening. anyone heard the same?

ive checked this site before and was very impressed, however, I just tried one date,

and it came up with jetstar $724
while I go to jetstart directly and its $698

is there a $25 fee for using skyscanner?

is there any site thats completely free?

am happy to use skyscanner and book directly with the airline....if I have to

Skyscanner does not charge booking fees. The flight cost on Skyscanner I've found can be delayed, sometimes for the better/worse.

I always check the airliner directly after finding the flights on Skyscanner.

Ive heard aswell (don't know if its true) that if you keep revisiting a site without booking it can bump prices up or something like that. deleting the cookies should stop this happening. anyone heard the same?
I hadnt heard of it but I have experienced it

But when you click on the flight in skyscanner it takes you to jetstar :confused:

does it? I didnt proceed in case I booked it,
I just went to jetstar directly to compare

im a bit paranoid about these price comparison sites,

when I first used webjet ages ago, it was soooooooo wrong, eg cheapest flight was $1400 with vietnam air or something, whilst I went to jetstar it was like $600

Looks like I need to have a closer look again!

It changes regularly but certainly gives the option. If you look on the right you will see on the cheapest price it was taking me to Bestjet , I clicked and no fees and if you want, at the bottom you can go through Virgin for a bit more and again, I clicked an it takes you there.

I did book a flight recently and on the right where bestjet was in this picture it showed Virgin as the best price.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 55
thanks DEC,

riddle me this? im confused

so for a test , I did flights from melb to DPS via skyscanner and the cheapest jetstar was $883 (see pic)

i then go to jetstar site and its $865

same date, identical flights,

what am I doing wrong?

I know its only $18, but it doesnt give me much faith for the next time I decide to book a round the world trip for example

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 52
thanks DEC,

riddle me this? im confused

so for a test , I did flights from melb to DPS via skyscanner and the cheapest jetstar was $883 (see pic)

i then go to jetstar site and its $865

same date, identical flights,

what am I doing wrong?

I know its only $18, but it doesnt give me much faith for the next time I decide to book a round the world trip for example

Always check multiple sites I guess is the answer.
For me checking just now, Garuda at $789 are cheaper than Jetstar

Back