Weird calls- "Lifestyle Planning group"

I thought this may be a good place to ask some advice regarding a strange call I received earlier.
A guy from Lifestyle Planning Group rang me at home and has been trying to get in touch with me for a few days, as my mum had taken the calls.
He proceeds to tell me that he is calling because there are some positive/negative developments happening in the Woodridge area (where one of my IP's is located) in QLD and his company have prepared a report and want to come over to see me to talk about it....and it's free. He said "they" (whoever that is) don't want me to sell my property, they just want me to be informed. So they will do a valuation on my property and then bring the report over with information relating to these developments.
I am really suspicious of course. He tried to get me to commit to a meeting time. I told him I would call him back to make an appointment.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? What is really the story? I checked out their website and they seem to be more investment advisors or something.....
Plus...what are these developments in Woodridge/Logan?
If anyone can answer any of these questions I would be most grateful!

I would be asking where he got your phone number from first...:eek:

He is going to try to sell you an investment property, and of course he will be able to source finance, provide a valuation, recommend a good solicitor...and so on.:rolleyes:

run, run as fast as you can...

Boods

Thanks everyone...i think it seems like the likely scenario is that they are trying to sell me something. I have no idea how they got my info but damn they are pests..they rang back again tonight...far out. I told mum to tell them i moved overseas :)

looks like normal tele marketing for property sales combo finance .

hide ur cheque book and lt em come and have a chat with you.

You might learn something, then u may not ?

Woodridge per se, isnt the hottest place for IPs in QLD, but could be ok depending on whats on offer.

Come back to the forum here and see how you go

ta
rolf

Could always tell them you're newly self employed, business is stuffed, and yes you would love to get a 110% loan for your next ip... :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

eeeewwwwwwwww
Amway does Real Estate
-------
Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 01:26:15 on 26/01/2010
Name LIFESTYLE PLANNING GROUP PTY LTD
ACN 126 313 602

ABN 17 126 313 602

Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 02/07/2007
Next Review Date 02/07/2010
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Roseville NSW 2069
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

These are the documents that ASIC has most recently received from or in relation to this organisation. Page numbers are shown if processing is complete and the document is available for purchase.
Date Number Pages Description
22/08/2007 1E3567717 3 484 Change to Company Details
484O Changes to Share Structure
484G Notification of Share Issue
484N Changes to (Members) Share Holdings
01/08/2007 1E3495098 2 484C Change to Company Details Change of Principal Place Of Business (Address)
02/07/2007 1E3374467 3 201C Application For Registration as a Proprietary Company

Complete Document Listing
_________
Domain Name lifestyleplanninggroup.com.au
Last Modified 04-May-2009 12:26:25 UTC
Registrar ID Melbourne IT
Registrar Name Melbourne IT
Status ok
Registrant Lifestyle Planning Group Pty Ltd
Registrant ID ACN 126313602
Eligibility Type Company
Registrant Contact ID 73575O830257
Registrant Contact Name Lifestyle Planning Group Pty Ltd
Registrant Contact Email [email protected]
Tech Contact ID 73576T830257
Tech Contact Name Michael Mannasz
Tech Contact Email [email protected]
Name Server ns1.biway.com.au
Name Server IP 202.61.254.2
Name Server ns2.biway.com.au
Name Server IP 202.76.151.130
---------
http://sportspassion.com/users/1002354
http://www.facebook.com/people/Sten-Michael-Mannasz/721384745
http://au.linkedin.com/in/mannasz
--------

Last edited:
Does look a little amwayish.

Also does look sus as this being your first post asking such a question.

Also the site looks little dodgy, for $400k property costing little as $40pw, thats a broad statement and sounds like a marketing angle to sell a house.

Why cany you buy a $400k property giving you $200pw cf+?

does the $40pw negative just mean mortgage or negative after all costs? i bet it includes tax deductions...

Never the less were making assumptions here.

I dont like people who call me begging for business at the end of the day.

On a humorous note, a few years ago I had some "life planning" mob ring me trying to sell me an IP, which I wasn't interest in but the guy kept going on and on about the wonderful opportunity to fulfill my life-long dream, that this particular IP would bring.

He then asked me what my lifelong dream was and as I was a bit fed-up by this stage, I simply said "Well, if you really want to know, I just want to walk around naked all the time". I then asked him if this IP would help me achieve this ultimate dream, to which he replied, "Well, eerr, surely you have another dream that can be just as easily fulfilled" to which I replied "Nope, I just really love the total feeling of freedom that being in the nuddy brings, so help me to understand how owning this IP would help me get closer to my goal because if you can help me understand the benefits better, I might be interested".

He then started going on about how there was a lot of open plan space indoors to allow me to roam about as I pleased and that the backyard had good tree coverage BUT best I only walk on one side of the yard as the other side faced a block of units so everyone could then see "little Zargor".

By this time I'm trying not to crack-up and hissing like a burst boiler but blew it by then saying "Yes, yes! Those are the types of features I'd be looking for in an IP. Wow! ___ (name of guy)! You seem to be on the same wavelength as me. Putting aside the IP opportunity, do you think there's any chance we could meet-up for a coffee?" At this point he hung up.

Pity, he seemed like such a nice guy.

Zargor

DISCLAIMER:

The author is a raging heterosexual and any suggestion of other tendencies in earlier life can be put down to drunkeness and that whole experimentation phase that best remain unsaid.

his company have prepared a report
Here is what his "free" report will say:

1. Your house is worth $X. X being 10-20% over market value
2. Your loan is $Y, your equity is $Z (X-Y)
3. A new house in your area is worth A. A being 10-20% over market value
4. If you use Z for a deposit on A it will only cost you $40 a week.

"they" (whoever that is) don't want me to sell my property,
This is just part of his phone pitch. He's trying to differentiate himself froma real estate agent and avoid the immediate "No, I don't want to sell, so I don't want to talk to you".

they just want me to be informed.
Yep, informed that you can access equity to buy another place. This is all well and good but what he won't inform you about is that you will pay over the odds to cover commissions and you are buying in an inferior area.

You won't learn a thing from this guy. A serious investor learns it and does it themselves. These type of over priced gimmicks are for people who think learning is too hard.

On a humorous note, a few years ago I had some "life planning" mob ring me trying to sell me an IP, which I wasn't interest in but the guy kept going on and on about the wonderful opportunity to fulfill my life-long dream, that this particular IP would bring.

He then asked me what my lifelong dream was and as I was a bit fed-up by this stage, I simply said "Well, if you really want to know, I just want to walk around naked all the time". I then asked him if this IP would help me achieve this ultimate dream, to which he replied, "Well, eerr, surely you have another dream that can be just as easily fulfilled" to which I replied "Nope, I just really love the total feeling of freedom that being in the nuddy brings, so help me to understand how owning this IP would help me get closer to my goal because if you can help me understand the benefits better, I might be interested".

He then started going on about how there was a lot of open plan space indoors to allow me to roam about as I pleased and that the backyard had good tree coverage BUT best I only walk on one side of the yard as the other side faced a block of units so everyone could then see "little Zargor".

By this time I'm trying not to crack-up and hissing like a burst boiler but blew it by then saying "Yes, yes! Those are the types of features I'd be looking for in an IP. Wow! ___ (name of guy)! You seem to be on the same wavelength as me. Putting aside the IP opportunity, do you think there's any chance we could meet-up for a coffee?" At this point he hung up.

Pity, he seemed like such a nice guy.

Zargor

DISCLAIMER:

The author is a raging heterosexual and any suggestion of other tendencies in earlier life can be put down to drunkeness and that whole experimentation phase that best remain unsaid.

This is by far the funniest post I have read today!!!:D

Boods

Thanks everyone..the bloody pests won't stop ringing...they rang again tonight.

Looks like I'll have to make up a story to get them off my back...he sounds like he won't give up without a fight!

i dislike being cold called in that way.
why not register your private number on the do not call register?

heavy penalty s for those who abuse the guidelines.

Back