Weird open homes

I just went to an open home (price guide $720K+).

There was about 3 loves of bread buttered and about 2kg of sliced meat sitting on the kitchen bench. And the toilet had obviously JUST been used. :( Disgusting.
Why would you have an open home and not clean up?

Anyone else seen strange things at open homes?

Last edited:
I just went to an open home (price guide $720K+).

There was about 3 loves of bread buttered and about 2kg of sliced meat sitting on the kitchen bench. And the toilet had obviously JUST been used. :( Discusting.
Why would you have an open home and not clean up?

Anyone else seen strange things at open homes?

I think Jax and Prop will have seen some fun things

I still recall sitting in a clients house doing finance and sharing the table with not small roaches : (

needless to say I wasnt thirsty at all.

ta
rolf

I've frequently seen things out the back behind some eateries that are not pleasant. But I've not wanted to say anything because I had another food store in the same place, and I didn't want the appearance of sour grapes.

You could probably go there today and see a container of raw meat at room temperature uncovered sitting on the floor.

I went to one in Wagga where the owner was still passed out on a bean bag in the middle of the lounge room....surrounded by bongs and a few other bits and bobs.

Cheers

Jamie

You could probably go there today and see a container of raw meat at room temperature uncovered sitting on the floor.

Without naming names, what sort of food might this store sell??

I frequently have lunch near where I believe your store is located :)

Without naming names, what sort of food might this store sell??

I frequently have lunch near where I believe your store is located :)
I'd rather not say.

I no longer have my store in the Mall now. I may do something when the sale of the other store goes through.

No not tenants.Maybe they forgot? that's what it looks like-as if they were in the middle of stuff and ran out.

Well I'm REALLY surprised. Agent rang me and they have a good offer so it looks like it sold.

Now I'm also quite pleased as mine is much better than that and I thought that would be my price guide. :D:D

Two come to mind:
1. A can of opened cat food on the bedside table... with a spoon in it. And the sink was piled high with dirty dishes.

2. 4 people living in a 2 BR flat - two singles and a couple. One of the single guys was still asleep on the couch in the living room when we walked in. And there was a pot of very strong-smelling curry simmering on the stove.

I went to one in Wagga where the owner was still passed out on a bean bag in the middle of the lounge room....surrounded by bongs and a few other bits and bobs.

Cheers

Jamie

haha, thats hilarious

are you sure t hat the bongs and the bum werent part of the purchase price/furniture?

An agent told me how she had to step over mounds of tenant's clothing on the floor to conduct an inspection (with buyer in tow) and on top of it all was a used sanitary pad :eek:.

I've done one at a property that had 4 guys ranging from 18-25 living there, all tradies.

The main bedroom was covered in dirty clothes, there was a used condom on the bedside table and in the ensuite, the fridge had drunken naked photos of them stuck all over it, the kitchen was covered with beer bottles (big surprise there) and the whole house smelt like men..

Was pretty gross.

Oh, and one of the tenants was home who was quite happy that I came rather than the actual PM (60year old man) :rolleyes:

And was his happiness "obvious" ;)

Lol! I must say, I didn't look :p

Although I do wonder which room was his, as it would take some guts to hit on someone who has seen used condoms in your room!

I don't think he appreciated the part where I pointed out that my fiancé may not approve :D

We went to one where the agent was standing way out on the road no where near the home, and when we went inside we saw why.

The door was opened by one of the two tenants, shirtless, huge gut, and standing probably 6ft 5. He was rough to say the least. When we get inside (along with the wife and my 2 small children) there were rooms which were locked with padlocks, and eventually after they took the padlock off we saw a 3m x 4m room filled to the top with tv's and dvd players. It was clear that they may not have been legally acquired.

The garage was also in a similar condition (more padlocks and tvs), and the huge gates at some time had clearly been ripped off their hinges.

Afterwards, the wife said she could not remember a single thing about the property as she was so terrified. Would have been nice if the agent could have given us a heads up before we got in the door.

Although not an "open house" my mother once went with other agents into a house that was to be sold through their agency.

She was quite shaken up afterwards. They had been given no warning that the house had not been cleaned up after the tenant had taken their life inside. There were dolls heads and odd things strewn about. I think the agents should have been warned about what they were about to see and given the option of going inside... or not.

Called agent and arranged for an inspection, wasnt a open...

Place was tenanted with a young guy, had about 3 wrecked cars out the back, 1 defected car out the front next to another car. Out the back had 2 massive dogs.

Beside that place was kept pretty clean, tenant was paying $300p/w (prob due to age and dogs, was above market rent)

Property had been on the market for a while actually, pretty sure the tenant and his cars/dogs would scare alot of buyers off.

hrmmm maybe I should look back at this property asking price was ~$240k

One house I went to a few years ago had a foolscap piece of paper with a fair few calculations on it on kitchen bench. When I looked closer it was calculating scenarios of prices required of them to sell the house at to 'break even'. Not sure if it was deliberately planted or not, but thought it was odd. Certainly never seen any open houses like all the above have seen.

pinkboy

Back