Welcome Pack for Tenants

I offered my tenants an Ipad if they didnt go into arrears by more then a week and they stayed for 2 years,

as I thoguht the rent was about $5-$10 too high,

I can get an ipad for about $450, so I thought it was a good trade off for me!

if they leave before, then no ipad for them ;)

lets see what happens though

years ago, when we were more naive, and less jaded, we offered every tenant in our 11 unit apt building a free months rent, if they paid on time and didn't do any damage for 12 months consecutively.

Not one tenant could pay on time....or should I say would.

Does anyone prepare one to give to the new tenants?

We wanted to make them feel welcome so chucked a range of food assortments and bottle of wine in a basket.

Also left some useful cleaning products in the bathroom etc.

Hope it makes a difference. Also left a note saying welcome as well.

Thoughts / experiences?

I've just seen this. I think it's a great idea and I'm going to try it with the new tenants in the apartment I self-manage. I don't know that I would leave any cleaning products though. Doesn't that seem like you're giving them a big hint?

I threw a tenant on street for being a non payer. I don't care. A gift? Yeah my first in your **** if you damage or don't pay

Well hope it sweetens the deal as per my other post delays with air con install. Got agent to ring new tenant and she said no big deal don't sweat over if it is not finished, ok to come back and do it when you can.

Hopefully a good sign!

Our tenants receive a copy of the manuals for the stove, air conditioner, heater etc along with toilet paper in the toilets and soap in the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry and information about bin night etc.

Well hope it sweetens the deal as per my other post delays with air con install. Got agent to ring new tenant and she said no big deal don't sweat over if it is not finished, ok to come back and do it when you can.

Hopefully a good sign!

you might want to get that in writing :)

Ipads, hampers, gift baskets...far out I've been renting for a good many years and I've never received anything delightful like that when starting the lease... be my landlord!

We had a couple who were moving into one IP right after their honeymoon. We left a bunch of flowers with a congrats note and a bottle of sparkling wine. We figured it could be a good start to hopefully long term happy tenants!

There were separated and moving out within 3 months :rolleyes:

Ouch... We had a great couple from Perth renting one of our IP's for three years, unfortunately split and one went back to Perth, other couldn't afford to stay.

Ours do this all the time.

if they aren't breaking up...they just decide to stop paying rent....they need it for Xmas, vacations, smokes, booze, whatever

Most have several kids...all with different fathers.

The good ones...leave to buy a house.

Most have several kids...all with different fathers.

A woman went down to Centrelink to get benefits..

The office worker asked her, "How many children do you have?"

"Ten," she replied.

"What are their names?" he asked.

"David, David, David, David, David, David, David, David, David and David," she answered.

"They're all named David?" he asked "What if you want them to come in from playing outside?"

"Oh, that's easy," she said. "I just call 'David,' and they all come running in."

"And, if you want them to come to the table for dinner?"

"I just say, 'David, come eat your dinner'," she answered.

"But what if you just want ONE of them to do something?" he asked.

"Oh, that's easy," she said. "I just use their last name!

We did reward them, but not as welcome pack. The period usually after they re-new the lease in 2nd year or Christmas. That also after review, if they are good tenant.

Our rewards varies from gift card, movie tickets, cheap hamper..
Our tenant has been with us for 4-5 years in avg..
We charged them higher than market price $5-10

Back