Welcome To The YouTube Community For Property Investors

Welcome to the 'For Property Investors' YouTube Community.

Where birds of a feather flock together!​

This is a clip that I felt captures the feel of the movement that YouTube is doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM_R27QfqKs

I've just spent the best part two days setting things up and working on a Developer API that will stream down clips into a web site interface. While I've been doing it the members have gone from one to ten and doubled over night. It will just build up it's own momentum now. I get the feeling this is going to be a good for investors.

I was inspired by RedWing....Ole RedWing was popping these Video Clips up from the other side of the contenent from the back-blocks of Perth and putting the links in the forum here and I was watching them and thinking,..OK great...then few days later another one..then more and more we're comen in.

So I kind of thought how can we track all these videos so we don't loose track of them. Did a bit of reading at Youtube and they got it all their so formed a Group called 'For Property Investors', it's early days their is a few Vid's already to watch and will be adding more plus with the more that are members the more relavent content that will be tracked and filed into one place.

Click this link for access and to join up it's all FREE of coarse.

And here is another thread that I explained a bit about it!
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27339

If your new to YouTube?

What you do is click on the link above to join YouTube try to use your Somersoft username so that we know ya, then while you are logged in and going about your normal watching of YouTube you select the link below the viewing screen and 'Add to Groups' and add that Video to the 'For Property Investors' group. It's that easy really thier is nothing much to it, then anyone else in the group will be able to see it on that channel.

If you are already a member of YouTube then just sign in after clicking on the join link above and you will be automatically added as a member.

Remember be a member! And experience the benefits of it!

Enjoy everyone and Welcome to the, "For Property Investors" YouTube Community. May it be educational and worthwhile and maybe a bit of fun with people uploading there own video recordings :).

Dis is the part of this concept that I like the most, so polish up on your video skills and dust the cobwebs of your video recorder and start recording walkthroughs of your Reno's, developments or anything else you have in mind. maybe it's a recorded interview with your neighbour who's an investor.

Jaffasoft

Last edited:
Hey Jaffa,had a good look through them videos,they are an American only company i presume,they seem very good,i am always cautious of big American companys promising to change your life and more,have had alot of dealing with them over the years through Network Marketing,never works out,lol,but thats my opinion,do you know anyone who has purchased their product and found it good,would be really interested to know cheers:)

Hey Jaffa,had a good look through them videos,they are an American only company i presume,they seem very good,i am always cautious of big American companys promising to change your life and more,have had alot of dealing with them over the years through Network Marketing,never works out,lol,but thats my opinion,do you know anyone who has purchased their product and found it good,would be really interested to know cheers:)
No, I don't know anyone that has purchased their products! I have only just stumbled on them myself. It just seemed very down to earth and practible & very simular to Australia though you do need to read between the lines.

There is a lot of American content out their which I would not say is not good but eventually more Australian content will show up.

hi jaffasoft
seasonal greetings and I just join look forward to watching a few if I find stuff that I think s good will up load I think its a great idea.
up loads mp3 as well so maybe we should start to up load small mp3 files on items that people are interested in so.
if this is a sticky and people want to know about finance a small mp3 on the subject.
ask the question and someone with an idea can post it.
I use mp3 as its alot easier then typing and alot easier to send, collect and store and play in the car.
I think this youtube will be very popular.
a very good idea.
guess what name I log in as ??

Hi Gross :) ,
I hope you had a great season :) and a good year.

On the mp3's I don't think you can directly upload one, I only guessing that though. But if it doesn't anyone can send me their mp3's and I can convert them to a .flv (which is the flash film file format) and just put the audio in and add a few jpg's for the file. Then can upload it or send it to you so that you can then upload it and put it in 'your' collection so everyone can then View/Listen to it etc. So I will be able to do some editing features and upgrade to a directors account so that files an hour long can be uploaded but it's to early yet!

You will be able to save these files to your ipod and play them while flying in the plane!

Hopefully some other great names sign up as well and make a presence as that would be great to help this thing. As I think it is going to 'Rock'.

You people more experienced in the legal field! If we we're wanting to say upload a video to our 'YouTube' group for property investors that was currently only accessible on Ninemsn's site (A Current Affair for example). What would be the way to go about that? Obviously it would involve getting the video file from them and then uploading it to the investor’s section but what’s the official way to do this so as not to infringe on Copy Right?

Further more I am wandering also what lines does it cross the law when it comes to anyone uploading what investor related content users may have at home from say a seminar DVD and if this is uploaded to their 'Private' folder collection at YouTube, does this then be the same as sharing that DVD with someone in their own lounge room which they are entitled to do? So their for can share it to our YouTube members? Although when you select the group to be able to view the content a setting must be pressed to say it is 'Going Public' although you can have people subscribe to your 'Private' YouTube' member name and then they are able to view your private video's also think they have to be invited by that person to view their private content?

Oh and we reached 60 members yesterday starting from Christmas Day, 108 Video's consisting of about three full seminars and some other bits and peaces and one or two Australian Reno & Development clips added by a user and 6 discussions.

Further more I am wandering also what lines does it cross the law when it comes to anyone uploading what investor related content users may have at home from say a seminar DVD and if this is uploaded to their 'Private' folder collection at YouTube, does this then be the same as sharing that DVD with someone in their own lounge room
Please tell me you're joking with this question.

Youre asking if posting something on the internet is the same as letting people watch it in your lounge room? Are you serious?

If you were a musician who had spent years of your time and thousands of dollars on recording a CD, would you think uploading it for free to the net was the same as playing it for your friends in your lounge room?

Jamie

Last edited:
If it is Private then that is the same and you invite someone to view your private DVD's, then maybe that is why YouTube was going from 30M uploads per day and increasing expenatially, because of the way the sharing is legally set up.

Do you know the legistation or are you just guessing jumping to what you think is a conclusion? Because I'm asking the question? And I'm seeking the answer from someone who knows the law and can read the fine print. Perhaps someone who knows how to read over the YouTube terms of use statement and make technical sence of it in terms of the law!

Your making it out like it is to share it to the mainstream 'internet' as open access but technically it is your own 'Private' collection and you are inviting people to view and also must be a friend on your list and that is where the question comes from! Setting it to open access is curtainly copy right infringement I know that but I am not clear on the other way...

If you know how to answer it and can provide the facts as to why...then do it! But if you are guessing then the question still remains the same.

Your making it out like it is to share it to the mainstream 'internet' as open access but technically it is your own 'Private' collection and you are inviting people to view and also must be a friend on your list and that is where the question comes from! Setting it to open access is curtainly copy right infringement I know that but I am not clear on the other way...

My mind boggles at your naivety.. :)

Jaffa,

I think what Jamie is trying to get at, and what I think you need to be weary of is breach of copyright laws. I am not an expert in this matter so won't pretend to guess the legalities involved, but from what little I do know, the so-called "seminar DVD" which you claim as part of your own private collection, albeit so, is NOT your sole property to disseminate or broadcast as freely as you may wish. As such, your suggestion to make public information produced by a company that has not issued you permission to do so, is toying with trouble IMO. :eek:

Therefore, I would recommend you exercise a great deal of caution before you go posting anything, regardless of its form ie. print/video/audio or whatever. And above all, seek professional legal counsel on the matter FIRST, rather running blind on hearsay from anyone on a public forum.

Cheers,
Jo

Jaffa...Intellectual Property and Copyright Laws can be complicated...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/copyright

It is wise advice to seek legal counsel on copyright and Intellectual Property..

A couple I know who make children's dvds utilise this legal firm:

www.fbrice.com.au

They have offices in Melbourne and Sydney..and are Patent Attorneys....or maybe you could seek out a referral from you're local solicitor etc...all the best.

I think what Jamie is trying to get at, and what I think you need to be weary of is breach of copyright laws.
That's right and every member does! I am just trying to be carefull and thinking forward for the future when members start uploading content...I don't have any investor content uploaded, "Seminar DVD's?" it's not "I" it's "we' the users I have only used the YouTube web site to form a Group then make a playlist that links to what was already on YouTube so that members can see from what other members have provided.

That's about as simple as this YouTube Group membership is and does i.e It's just a collection of links to video clips all throughout the whole YouTube web and network system collected in one place so it's easy for members to find anything on that subject. Not a lot different to the concept of using a Duke-Box in the pub but this Duke-Box you can walk up to en slip a CD into it for everyone to hear.

Just Be Carefull Of Copyright Laws Boy & Girls

Jaffa,

You've lost me!! :confused: :rolleyes: I don't understand then, what your question is. You seem to swap and change from one minute to the next. Are you concerned with protecting yourself or others against possible ligitation??

Either way, it matters none. Look after yourself. Do what is right, keep YOUR nose clean and BE CAREFUL not to accept or post any material onto your own website. You cannot control the actions of others Jaffa, only your own.

And FWIW no one here is trying to come down on you, they're just trying to warn you of any dangerous territory. If you choose to listen that's fine, if not, that's fine too. YouTube; YourChoice man!! ;)

I don't understand then, what your question is. You seem to swap and change from one minute to the next. Are you concerned with protecting yourself or others against possible ligitation??
Well it's both I am the founder of the group so I may have people that could send me a file and upload it for them as when I apply for and gain a directors account I will have curtain rights 'as director' which will allow me to upload full hour long videos and editing abilities all the other members to my knowledge of this system won't? On the most part YouTube only allows short video's to upload!

So my concerns are both for myself and for the members. I understand that you are giving advice and opinions to help :).

Am I the ONLY person who's concerned about Jaffa's new .sig?

"www.Jaffasoft.com Some Investor Resources - Join the Somersoft "YouTube" community for great investor related video content!"

Is this new YouTube community somehow sanctioned by Jan and Ian, Sim and the Mods? I was quite happy with people just posting the URLs to YouTube content in threads they've started..

The existence and naming of this YouTube group sets a precedent..

I for one dont believe its the "somersoft" YouTube community.. its Jaffasofts little project and until I see Ian or Sim annoint the idea with their "OK" then I'm going to feel uneasy about it.. Somersoft stands alone as the one unadulterated Australian presence on the net for Property Investors to congregrate in.. I'm concerned this is now being traded upon.. very possibly for quite noble aims by Jaffasoft (whats your real name anyway?).. but nevertheless the "somersoft" name needs to be protected and shepherded, not farmed out for widesale adoption in every questionable on-line gathering that people care to initiate.

edit: Jaffa changed has now changed his .sig to something more neutral..

Last edited:
I find it discussing what you say I have only done this for the forum to use and little do you know how it can be implemented into the somersoft forum so that the video's once a decent collection is made can be tapped into with a gallery link the same as the existing gallery. And lot's of other web site that want to tap into the collection in their own web sites.

I can do this very easily on my own I do not need Jan Somers or Ian the others in fact I will delete any mention of helping the forum and have it open to the world so that it’s origins is nothing but what it is in it's own concept.

I don't need to tell you my name I need to tell you nothing!!

So I will ask that a moderator edit this thread title so that no mention of it being a somersoft 'thing' and I will go my own way on developing this and anything mentioned about somersoft. I want the title changed to 'The YouTube Community For Property Investors'. And my signiture is being changed and will be changed!

And remember down the track that it was duncan_m that suggested this.

It needs nobody's name on it, it's a concept for Property Investors!

Also this is by no stretch of the imagination to stop people posting thread links to YouTube as they are the best and keep doing it.

Last edited:
So I will ask that a moderator edit this thread title so that no mention of it being a somersoft 'thing' and I will go my own way on developing this and anything mentioned about somersoft. I want the title changed to 'The YouTube Community For Property Investors'. And my signiture is being changed and will be changed!
Not sure what you mean jaffa? The title of this thread has never mentioned it being associated with Somersoft.

The problem as I see it..........was your new sig that stated it was the Somersoft YouTube Community.

I'll speak for everyone else seeing they aren't logged on at the moment. This would never be sanctioned by Jan, Ian, Sim or the other Moderators and I thank you for removing the reference.

Ruby

That's alright. But I want the title of this thread editted please! I've editted something for you, you edit something for me and we'll have a Win/Win :).

My mistake sorry about that!

To: "Welcome To The YouTube Community For Property Investors".

Back