Welcome

Ian Somers

Staff member

Welcome to the Somerset Property Investors Forum. For those of you who have been using the previous facility for the past year or so will understand that its popularity was starting to impinge on web site space, increased delays in loading and frequent problems with the search facility. It is hoped that the move to the "WebBoard" facility will not only resolve these problems, but provide more features and a better service. Your feedback is always welcome ([email protected]).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

So where are all the posts, has this new forum scared off all the posters??

Reply: 1.1

There were some great posts today and I am wondering where they are. Can we access them again?
Sorry for being negative but I loved the old forum better.

Reply: 1.1.1

The old forum has not died. It is simply being repatriated, tidied up, and will be made available in a more compact form under the archive. Change has been forced upon us by the popularity of the forum itself. Hopefully this new structure will actually be better. It certainly has more options (email notification etc) and it is worth at least persevering for a time.

Hello Robert?

Reply: 1.2

Robert is that you? It's Jude. Are you the one who has answered a couple of my posts? I'm feeling very exposed here.

It was either sim' or Gee Cee who said that they don't peddle their wares or post their email address on the forum, does that mean that their experience and wisdom is lost to us?

Ian, will give this a go (no choice :)) but it's so different!

Goodnight all

Jude

Hello Robert?

Reply: 1.2.1

Hi Jude

Yep that is me. I have found my way into this new forum. What do you think? I reckon it's got a lot of potential.

Anyway it is late and I have the rat race to attend to tomorrow so I'm heading to bed.

Cheers All

Robert

Hello Robert?

Reply: 1.2.1.1

This new board looks good. If anyone does not wish to have their E-mail address displayed click the "more" button and edit your profile.

Cheers
Fire frog

Reply: 2

Hi all

I like the fact that all responses are visible without going into each and every post.

By the way whats the big deal with listing your email etc? I you don't want to, make one up eg [email protected]

Pretty creative huh!

Otherwise there is no real change.....if you prefer being known as TW, GeeCee etc I suspect that you enter that as your name?

Will speak again.

Reply: 2.1

Yep to hide your name just put your nickname in the First name and last name I just put a "." in the last name section and then clicked hide email..

I don't like people seeing my email as it prevents spam, whilst most people who use this forum are ok , there are still some who just use it to get email addresses :)

Reply: 3

Hi "The Somers"

This is great.

I appreciate having the forums, and the work you put into them.

Thankyou!

Reply: 3.1

Give it time and let's be positive. It was a bit like going from Windows 3.11 --> Windows 95. Nobody liked it at the start, but now would never turn back. It's the old case of "being afraid of change". Let's give it a fair go.

Reply: 3.1.1

Great to see the update in the forum Ian. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to continuing the momentum with everyone else.

Reply: 3.1.1.1

This format is so much easier to access and read the current topics without having to wade deep into the forum to get the relevant replies, or is that because its so new and not many posts yet?....

One thing that could be updated for the Aussies on this forum is the date its 1/3/01 not 3/1/01 - Its not January anymore Its March :)

Sandy

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1

Al the extra things such a Chat room, and paging make this more fun

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1.1

Getting There

The Old Conservative Unemployed I.T. Whizz!!!!

Non Game Man

Reply: 1.1.2

Hi Marina,

I also got used to the other forum. It was really easy to use. I hope this one will become the same in time.

Are you going to the Cashflow night at Lorne Star?

Hope to see you there

Reply: 3.1.1.1.2

Sorry about the USA style short-hand date (m/d/y). I was aware of it but have not found a way around it yet.

Reply: 1.1.2.1

I find this forum far easier to use , especially easy to quickly check which ar e new messages, well done to the site admins.

Reply: 3.1.1.1.2.1

always a problem when having to utilise a foriegn webservice

Reply: 4

Hi Ian, great forum... still getting used to the quirks, but I think the added value is worth it ! Well done !

Reading through the online help, it seems as though there is an option to use a usenet newsreader to access these types of forums. Do you have this facility enabled ?

sim.gif

Last edited:
Back