Wentworth Point (aka Homebush Bay)

My brother in law is looking to purchase a property as a PPR relatively soon (with the view of either converting it into an IP or selling to fund a bigger PPR in the future).

Primarily looking in Lidcombe, but at the pricing of $550k for a 2 bedder unit, im wondering whether Wentworth Point is worthwhile for them (the ones that actually have waterviews - prices are around $590-$650k).

Down side is that public transport is terrible and Im wondering if it will have decent capital growth compared to other areas of sydney (eg Rhodes, Meadowbank, Lidcombe, etc).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I believe you go to 'Homebush Bay' for the life style. You have all sporting facilities, walk paths and cycle paths at your finger tips.

Public transport may not be as good as any other suburbs along train lines. However, you still have a train service to Lidcombe station. Doesn't it have ferry service? I'm sure you have bus services too.

They also will be putting a commuter bus / pedestrian bridge across to Rhodes, Which will help getting across to another train option and Shopping centre.

You should also look at the new apartments in Olympic Park (Australia Towers). Much more accessible in terms of transport with Olympic Park station next door and buses to Strathfield station, although it would be stretching the said budget

Back