We're building towards a home construction boom

So you can revise a prediction, but Steve Keen can't? You're the one who always digs up that one article where he is quoted as saying housing will fall 40% in a few years, when many other times he has specified and been quoted as saying 40% over 10-15 years.

Anyone can revise a prediction. Yes, all Steve Keen's predictions from 2008 were wrong, and after they didn't eventuate, he revised them. However, Steve is a public figure. I'm just an anonymous guy who posts on a few internet forums. Funny thing is, the majority of my predictions have been right. I don't think Steve has got any right yet.

As for digging up that old Keen article from 2008, I think I've only done that once or twice on Somersoft. Stating that I 'always' dig it up would suggest you've seen me bring it up regularly on APF, a forum that you claim not to visit, but that I expect you probably read intently. ;)

Or it was just a slight exaggeration :rolleyes:

Read intently, lol. I must admit I have visited once or twice after the trolls got wind of my "real name" and then posted links on my blog to a thread they created mocking me... you know that name you used on me earlier "Jay" lol.

LOL, Jay,

My real name is in my profile right here on Somersoft, Joseph.

Is the building boom here yet?

Quoting residex is laughable, they are ignorant and have no clue other than some commentary and guesswork by throwing mud at a wall.

Is the building boom here yet?

Quoting residex is laughable, they are ignorant and have no clue other than some commentary and guesswork by throwing mud at a wall.

Really? My understanding is that Residex's research is regarded with very high esteem by the RBA. Of course, the RBA might be clueless too - there is that.

Really? My understanding is that Residex's research is regarded with very high esteem by the RBA. Of course, the RBA might be clueless too - there is that.

The RBA is a Ponzi scheme cartel of con artists that exists for the only reason to enrich bankers.
Paper money is a ponzi scheme, the RBA is a Ponzi Scheme legalized by the govt/queen.

Residex is the equivalent of stock picker newsletters: mud against the wall and useless commentary.
I'm happy to discuss residex's predictions all you like, just start another thread or use my "media watch" one.

Has the Credit Crunch eased? LOL.... it is now FAR worse....

Interest rates may go down, but that does NOT mean credit will ease... actually the very opposite is about to happen. Just look at Europe and the huge deficit in the US.

Bahahahahaha.... my belly hurts. Get ready for some pain! ;)

I'm happy to discuss residex's predictions all you like, just start another thread or use my "media watch" one.

Residex predictions are irrelevant to this discussion.

The reference to Residex was in relation to their historical data.

Do you have some evidence to prove their historical data is false?

The RBA is a Ponzi scheme cartel of con artists that exists for the only reason to enrich bankers.
Paper money is a ponzi scheme, the RBA is a Ponzi Scheme legalized by the govt/queen.

Residex is the equivalent of stock picker newsletters: mud against the wall and useless commentary.

Well . . . um . . . yes . . . um . . . quite so.

Ah . . . . Did you chance to get in a nice round of golf on the weekend, PB?

baaaahhhahahahahahaha

what makes you immune?

Immune??? I never indicated that I was immune :confused:

However, I am PREPARED... ;)

If another GFC should happen, with the magnitude that is touted to be greater than any in living memory, then Capital Protection and Counter-party Risk exposure become vital. More vital than ROI, AAR or CG considerations as those will vanish almost overnight.

The reason I laugh is because it is past time that the fat cats got trampled. It is past time that the tunnel vision of the mainstream was striped away. It is past time for the markets to revert back to the mean.... and they have a looooong way to get back to any sense of normalcy.

Preparation for such events can not occur once the train wreck is in motion.... It is also a calculated risk (to forgo potential returns/growth) in order to ensure capital protection on the basis that such events will transpire, as there is a remote chance they may not. So, I laugh, because i am prepared and care not for the panic, frantic markets or currency collapses. I will sleep well.....;)

Residex predictions are irrelevant to this discussion.

The reference to Residex was in relation to their historical data.

Do you have some evidence to prove their historical data is false?

Do you have any evidence that Residex or Matusik have been historically right?

I used to read some of their reports and neither predicted what happened is Sydney, Briss or WA.
Their predictive value is ZERO, just as this thread demonstrates.
All you do here is quote people with vested interests, maybe you have them too.
Or maybe you bought some RE, so therefore there must be a boom because you bought some RE.

Do you have any evidence that Residex or Matusik have been historically right?

The Residex house price index tracks the ABS, APM and RPData indices reasonably closely, although they all measure slightly different things.

I used to read some of their reports and neither predicted what happened is Sydney, Briss or WA.
Their predictive value is ZERO, just as this thread demonstrates.

Residex predictions are irrelevant to this discussion. My reference to Residex was in relation to their historical data.

All you do here is quote people with vested interests, maybe you have them too.

That's not all I do here, but yes, like everyone else (including you) I have vested interests.

Or maybe you bought some RE, so therefore there must be a boom because you bought some RE.

Whether or not I 'bought some RE' is irrelevant to the question of whether or not there will be a boom.

http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/rezoning-blitz-in-push-for-housing-20120129-1qo29.html

THE state government is moving to bypass councils and rezone sites nominated by developers as suitable for tens of thousands of new houses in a radical attempt to increase home building in Sydney.

With Sydney building barely two-thirds of the 25,000 homes needed each year, the government has invited land owners to nominate land suitable for housing and has established a committee, run by the Premier's Department, to assess 43 proposals from developers.

A schedule of ''land owner nominated sites'', published on the Planning Department's website, identifies more than 12,000 hectares of property, mainly on Sydney's fringe, enough land for more than 100,000 homes.

''This will be a stimulus, it will stimulate housing in the short term and fix up the massive supply problems in NSW for the last decade or so.''

12-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Shadow
Evil Specufestor

We're building towards a home construction boom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
02-08-2008, 12:08 AM
As interest rates fall, the credit crunch eases, and house prices start rising again, I expect a new construction-led boom to kick off in Australia, probably around 2010-2011.

It looks like somebody agrees with me...

Note the date.

Still looking for confirmation?

Back