Werrington or St Marys??

Which is a better position?

• Victoria Street Werrington (near Parkes Ave)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Putland St, St Marys (near Neale St)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have an opportunity to purchase one of two units. One is in St Marys, the other is in Werrington. Both are the same PP, in similar blocks with similar rentals and similar strata yields etc.

I don't know Werrington very well, so just wondering which would be a preferred area if you are looking for capital growth?... (assume they are identical units)

Victoria Street Werrington (near Parkes Ave) or Putland St, St Marys (near Neale St)?

All help is appreciated. :D

I've just purchased IP no. 1 last week, and I only have the capacity to purchase another at this stage. Give me a break, I'm only 21 and still studying :)

I'd go St Mary's over Werrington, it has a better station (for express trains as not all stop at Werrington) and the St Mary's one is closer up the station than the Werrington one, not to mention shops.

I should add that I'm possibly a little biased having friends living in Werrington and I just didn't like it, aaaaaand a friend was shot in a drive by a few years ago.

You have recently bought in St Marys - so would it not be worthwhile buying else where? Werrington isn't too far.

There is a Werrington Corporate Park planned near the UWS uni. Not sure when it will be built. Google it.

Last edited:
Mona,

My other IP is Jamisontown, not St Marys :)

I know a bit about the Corporate Centre - would this commercial development help the Werrington Park suburb even it won't be adjacent to Victoria St?

Mona,

My other IP is Jamisontown, not St Marys :)

I know a bit about the Corporate Centre - would this commercial development help the Werrington Park suburb even it won't be adjacent to Victoria St?

Oops sorry!!! lol my memory!!

Yeah still close by.

But having said that, St Marys is good too.. there is development / investment all round - along the Great Western Highway especially.

You will be alright.

It doesn't have to be next door.

Back