West End Brisbane - House for Sale

My friend Jeanie is selling a house in Jumna Street, West End, good condition, fully fenced, close to Brisbane, close to river. Great little street which is a no-through road, ideal for kids, dogs etc.

She has owned the house a very long time (over 30 years) and for the past 20 odd has had it rented, she never has had a problem renting

She needs to sell soon as she has bought overseas so will look at all offers.

Houses in the area, similar to hers are selling between $550k and $650k.

To contact Jeanie in the first instance use her email address which is: [email protected]

Chris

Rent

Smile

Thanks but I have no idea of what rents are in West End these days, I am a "poor Victorian. " Jeanie has had the tenant move out thinking it would be easier to sell vacant, in case an owner occupier wants it.

I will ask her what rents are for the area.

Chris

West End

Hi Chris,

This is certainly a good part of West End, up high, near several good restaurants, very near good transport. Certainly one of the better areas.

West End has improved and gone ahead so much over the last few years, I can see no reason why this trend won't continue with such close proximity to the city, etc. People who thought other parts of W/End were a bit dodgy a few years ago are no doubt now wishing they'd had the foresight to buy back then. Prices have skyrocketed over the past 3 years, like all the inner city 'burbs.

Good luck to your friend in her endeavours.

Cheers,

Gemini :)

I did some very basic research for Chrispy regarding this property and it did come up favourably. The house does look good and location excellent.

Chrispy it is important to provide info on what price the owner wants, how much it was rented for and property details. No-one here will give it any consideration without more info. I posted a property I thought would make a great investment here once, and it'll never happen again unfortunately. Trust me ( I'm a real estate agent) get some more details into the post.

I assume by your post the owner is now selling privately?

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Thanks

Gemini/Kevin

Many thanks for your posts

I have shot an email off to Jeannie asking for rent approximation, I went through realestate.com.au and it appeared to be around the $350 pw mark for similar in streets either side of where she is located.

Jeannie is now down to $490k, it started off at $550k. We thought her contract with the agent had expired but there appears to be some confusion over it. She is having a little communication problem with the agent I gather!!
Not Kevin I hasten to add.

Kev I have told Jeannie to trust you and that she went to the wrong agent

Chris

Details

Jeannie tells me:

The house is restumped, rewired and is all in excellent condition (as the agents say)

Price now is $495k

Land size is 405 sqm or in Queensland speak 16 perches (???) Is this where the saying the old man/woman fell off his perch came from?

Has recently been painted. Plenty of room to extend underneath as it is built up considerably. The house has 3 bedrooms and a study in a continuing gowing area only 10 minutes to town close by the river.

Expected rental return $320 to $350 pw

Jeannie has reached an agreement with the agent that she can also go searching for a buyer and they will negotiate on the commission if she finds one.

I have free accommodation in the south of france resting on this, as that is where she has purchased but we need her to sell Jumna Street so that we can take off, (off course we will be renovating the chateau.)

Sold

Hi Kevin

Yes thanks for asking, she settled for $485k. In the meantime she has taken over the villa in France and I nicked over for a weekend!!! Mind you I was in the UK at the time. Its pure magic.

Many thanks for all your help, it was much appreciated by both Jeannie and myself

Regards

Chris

Jetsetter

Kevin

Just been up to Cairns for 2 weeks but that was renovating, my frequent flyers are certainly looking good!!

Regards

Chris

Back