Western Sydney Meeting - Wednesday 25/03/15

I reckon we should have another one next month!

Any ideas on the venue?

Another meet up, or a SIG?

I didn't mind the venue, it was big enough to accommodate everyone, the food was good, and it was a good compromise for most people in terms of being able to get there.

If you are thinking of something like the SIG meetings, we'd need somewhere that would give us a room for free, so we could organise a speaker.

Nah..no SIG...just informal mingling just like the recent meeting...it worked well. :D

Another meet up, or a SIG?

I didn't mind the venue, it was big enough to accommodate everyone, the food was good, and it was a good compromise for most people in terms of being able to get there.

If you are thinking of something like the SIG meetings, we'd need somewhere that would give us a room for free, so we could organise a speaker.

Nah..no SIG...just informal mingling just like the recent meeting...it worked well. :D

Ah, OK then, cool. I don't mind organising one of them.

A SIG, however, would take a lot more work. I was going to say that if you wanted one of them, I'd let you do it. ;)

OK ..organise away....

I don't have any cycles at the moment between my job and properties...

I will have plenty of time when I retire. ;)

Thanks for organizing....given the stellar job you did recently at Wenty...you might be the designated organizer. :D

Ah, OK then, cool. I don't mind organising one of them.

A SIG, however, would take a lot more work. I was going to say that if you wanted one of them, I'd let you do it. ;)

May seem a bit contrarian, but I think avoiding Friday Night meetings is a good idea. I'd think that Friday nights would mean venues are much busier and maybe less happy about people grouping tables etc?

May seem a bit contrarian, but I think avoiding Friday Night meetings is a good idea. I'd think that Friday nights would mean venues are much busier and maybe less happy about people grouping tables etc?

I agree TV. I expect that most clubs would be very busy on a Friday.

Kids holidays start on Friday, for 2 weeks :) yay for Sydney traffic and no after school activities :)

6 weeks from now sounds great, Lidcombe or Wenty, both sounds good to me!

Lil Skater wasn't there.....but the other one was.

So, what's her new forum name? Mini Skater, Cute Skater? We need some suggestions. Maybe Lil Bargain Hunter?

She'd have to be Mini Skater because she's shorter than me :p

Don't normally pay attention to the Sydney meets, but a new client "clicked" last night that I'm related to you crazies (said with love) :eek:

Looking at how many people showed up, I think Melbourne needs to pick up their game...

She'd have to be Mini Skater because she's shorter than me :p

Don't normally pay attention to the Sydney meets, but a new client "clicked" last night that I'm related to you crazies (said with love) :eek:

Looking at how many people showed up, I think Melbourne needs to pick up their game...

Tehe! We're all crazy in Sydney, in a good kind of way.;)

Lol! How can you not know we're related? I mean, you're crazy too! That should be the first clue. :p

I'm pretty sure she won't choose something with Skater in the name.

Please not in last two weeks of April , unless you want to fly over to Bali .

No I won't pay ...

How about skater dot or just skater. Though that will just confuse people , or roller ?

Cliff

OK then, I've just posted a thread for the next meetup.

Please see this thread http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1294788#post1294788

Wednesday, 20th May, Wenty Leagues 6.30pm.

Sorry for all those that want a different day, but as organiser, I call dibs on the day of the week, and Wednesday suits my family. :p

Also sorry for those that want something closer to the City, but this IS the Western Sydney meet-up, and I'd actually prefer something further West, but we'll go with Wenty as it was a great venue. :p

It's also not too far of a hike from the City. I know we've gone further for meet-ups in the past.

Looking forward to the next one. :D

Pity....can't make it...you have picked the date I fly out at 9pm...

Could we not do the first week of May?

OK then, I've just posted a thread for the next meetup.

Please see this thread http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1294788#post1294788

Wednesday, 20th May, Wenty Leagues 6.30pm.

Sorry for all those that want a different day, but as organiser, I call dibs on the day of the week, and Wednesday suits my family. :p

Also sorry for those that want something closer to the City, but this IS the Western Sydney meet-up, and I'd actually prefer something further West, but we'll go with Wenty as it was a great venue. :p

It's also not too far of a hike from the City. I know we've gone further for meet-ups in the past.

Looking forward to the next one. :D

Back