Western Sydney Meetup - Wednesday 22/7/15

I guess they don't need to that cause they get plenty in as it is. What about the ettamogah? They have an upstairs area that I think is free to reserve. I hate reserving tables, not that I have to worry cause I won't be there;) but someone should be able to help

+1 for that idea. I could walk there, although if it stretches to midnightish like the last one I'll be lazy and drive.

I'm coming this time! Last time I got stuck back at work, and working on Kent street, by the time I could leave the office it was getting too late.

Defo want to come for this one (even if I have to take a half day! Actually, that's not such a bad idea...)

That's not convenient for people coming from the South. It isn't near a station. And most importantly (for me:D), is that it's further from home.

So, Wenty it is. There's no point in changing something that works. If we run into trouble, we may change it in the future, but not for now.

True, sorry bad example.
Don't mess with it if it works!
Have fun!!

I did call them the first time, and they wouldn't do it! :(

I'm hesitant to take it to another venue at this point. I've organised them previously further west, and, although we got a good turnout, it was nothing like this. Of course, that could just be because of the time of the market, but we are getting people coming from all over Sydney, not just Westies, so I like that.

This venue is easy to get to, it has plenty of parking, it's not too noisy and there's a lot of choice of food, so it should suit most people.

I have had an offer of meeting space from a venue at Darling Harbour ... but that wouldn't really qualify as "Western Sydney" would it?

I might investigate further and look at the option of trying some meetups there in the future to see if it works - just to give us more choices. I think your Western Sydney meetups are obviously servicing a good area - no need to change if what you've got is working for now.

I have had an offer of meeting space from a venue at Darling Harbour ... but that wouldn't really qualify as "Western Sydney" would it?
Only if Western Sydney actually means Central Sydney.:D

I might investigate further and look at the option of trying some meetups there in the future to see if it works - just to give us more choices. I think your Western Sydney meetups are obviously servicing a good area - no need to change if what you've got is working for now.

I know a few that will give a free room, but they are at Penrith, and there's a Pub in Mt Druitt that is really quiet that has a heap of seating. BUT.....Wenty is working well. It's further for me, but that's fine.

I know a few that will give a free room, but they are at Penrith, and there's a Pub in Mt Druitt that is really quiet that has a heap of seating. BUT.....Wenty is working well. It's further for me, but that's fine.

Is up stairs of O'donoghues one?? Great spot. The old local as a 17 year old. Then high bar. Good times:D

Most of us get a meal and a drink and we sit and talk property til it's time to go home or we just hassle Mr Skater as to when he's finally allowed to retire :)

The Western Sydney one is good but from what I have read, the day/time and location have only been questioned, so I think that a Sydney one could work well as a Friday night one for people that work in the CBD. Just depends on the interest from people working around there.

Most of us get a meal and a drink and we sit and talk property til it's time to go home or we just hassle Mr Skater as to when he's finally allowed to retire :)

LOL! He's allowed to retire whenever he wants.....but....he's decided to see out the end of the contract on the job he's doing. So he'll do it in September, just in time for Elder Skater 's (hehe she'll love that - not) birthday.

The Western Sydney one is good but from what I have read, the day/time and location have only been questioned, so I think that a Sydney one could work well as a Friday night one for people that work in the CBD. Just depends on the interest from people working around there.

Nick, you can't please everyone. For years, there were meet-ups in Baulkham Hills on a Thursday or a Friday, when I was working. Did I whinge & try to get everyone to change the day, or the location (not great for me)? No, I didn't, I just accepted that I couldn't make it.

Prior to that, we used to have monthly meetings in Glebe. They were really hard for us to get to, because Hubby used to have to get home from work first, then collect me before we headed out there, but I think we went to most of them, and had a great time.

Sim regularly does something at Chatswood. I think I've been once, but getting to Chatswood from Western Sydney at that time of day is too hard for me, so I don't go. I live closer to Penrith than Wenty, so it's a distance.

The day & location of the Western Sydney meet-ups seem to be fine for most people, judging by the turn out, and Wenty is a lot more central than Penrith or St Mary's which is where I've had them in the past, so we are getting people come from all over Sydney, which is great, but keep your eyes peeled, as I'm sure Sim will organise something soon. It's been a while since the last one.

I agree. But I was just thinking about the people working in the CBD and the possibility of doing a separate one for those people, only if there was enough interest.

The reason I mentioned it, was just a thought to Sims post because I sometimes travel to the CBD on Friday evenings for friends that work there and that is usually what they organise due to convenience for them.

I work in the city and Wednesdays arent the best for me either due to work commitments.

That said, i left work at around 8:20, got home, jumped in the car and got there by 9:30. Still plenty of people, though i did notice a group had left as a got there... maybe they didn't like me :p

Anyway, i think if people want to come, then make the effort, its a good night out that doesn't cost a much money and you get to exchange ideas with many different people :)

I would claim my the cost of my water as a tax deduction, but it was free :p

@ Skater, please keep the location at Wenty's - i like the location and atmosphere of the place. :)

Back