Western Sydney/Parramatta region market is stupidly crazy

Bump, wondering how people on the ground view the market currently in these areas.

I haven't followed it closely the last few months as have moved my attention elsewhere but just had a quick look on realestate at the areas that I have my properties in (Guildford, St Marys and Mount Druitt) and it seems like things are still pretty hot with not much stock at the lower end and a lot of "under offer" listings.

Interesting

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-willmot-115395367?rsf=emailalert-propdetails

Come back for sale, it sold in April this year I think with an asking price for $165k, vendors were happy to accept $150k at the time, I didnt buy it even though I did offer,

now it would probably sell for $200k,
so $50k equity for doing nothing for 8 months,

very good move, unless it didnt sell and withdrawn at the time

It sold for $205k LOL. Very astute

I bought a 3 bedder in Willmot start of 2013 for about that... and it had walls and a roof and everything!

Land value in Willmot is around $140-150k

I'd say someone has been watchig too much The Block. As TE says, burnouts were selling for 140-160k last year. And a year ago I bought a 3 bedder a few streets away for that $ that was in good condition and already tenanted.

I agree with others in this thread; Sydney is way too hot right now. Other states/markets is where aspiring investors should be looking. Sydney has performed well for those who bought around the 2010-2011 period.

Also, noticed there is a new 7 level residential highrise in st marys (OTP at the momoment). Could this rvitalise businesss in St Marys?

Back