Western Sydney/Parramatta region market is stupidly crazy

Haha, thanks. Most of that growth is recent. Like in the last 12-18 months. I'm expecting it to keep going for a bit too.:D

Yes I think you're right Skater. I've been involved on the forum for a while now and watched at times you defend SW Sydney against those detractors.... I guess now its payday and propulsion into the next phase of your strategy whatever that may be. Well done. Sometimes it's not easy being a contrarian investor.

I just had a great result with a val out in Penrith so it's good news all round ;)

Jack

I am surprised they could find any comparables for a large cat enclosure with attached 4br human retreat.

LOL! Poor valuer! He came in the house & asked if he could go outside. There's glass doors on either side of the meals/family room. I said for heavens sake, use those doors (pointing right), cause if you use the other ones, you'll get overtaken by a swarm of cats. :D

Yes I think you're right Skater. I've been involved on the forum for a while now and watched at times you defend SW Sydney against those detractors.... I guess now its payday and propulsion into the next phase of your strategy whatever that may be. Well done. Sometimes it's not easy being a contrarian investor.

I just had a great result with a val out in Penrith so it's good news all round ;)

Jack

I have always made bold predictions about 2770. I predicted 350K houses. This has come true. Now I predict 400K entry prices for houses in, lets say, 12 months time.

I have always made bold predictions about 2770. I predicted 350K houses. This has come true. Now I predict 400K entry prices for houses in, lets say, 12 months time.

Hmm......the ex-housie ones aren't at $350k yet, the ones that are selling at that price are nicer, on large blocks of land etc. I'd be happy with the ex-housies going for around $350k. I've got a couple that are earmarked to go, but not just yet.:D

Skater, a couple years ago a 350K house in the houso areas was pure fantasy. Now its happening. OK I realise that you may still get sub 300K houses that are still habitable by humans but they are very few.

Bring on the 400K entry price! Arriva !!

Hi Skater,

What do you think of other SW areas such as Chipping Norton and Camden?

I'm not near either Chipping Norton or Camden. I've got stuff at Campbelltown. Things are moving along there too, but not to the extent of the West stuff.

For instance, when we bought our PPOR which is in St Clair, we already had an IP in Ambarvale, probably around the same value. Our Ambarvale property is lagging by around 50-60K at the moment.

He looks a lovely chappy. Never judge a book by its cover.

Too right. I'm going to start trusting RE agents, and used car salesmen. Don't forget politicians and tradies and mechanics. And last but not least..(drum roll)..landlords (yikes.. I'm one of those :D
)

Back