Western Sydney - Rental Yield - Is it real?

If that sells for anything near 385, I'll eat my hat

It's on a small lot and the house design is unusual

Last edited:
Don't be alarmed by wikifriginpedia.

My property in the druitt has nearly quadrupled in value since buying it.

It's common knowledge that the area is poor. The same goes for parts of campbelltown, Liverpool and Bourke. Nothing to worry about. Just sit back and watch the $ grow. Ker-Ching.

Old wikipedia said this:
"The 2001 City of Blacktown Social Plan identified that a high portion of Mount Druitt residents are bogans, and that they tend not to work at all.[9] These statements are backed up by the 2006 census conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. It states that 46% of Mount Druitt's 13,583 residents were stoned, more than double the national average, with 10.6% just high, 3.3% sloshed and 3.2% were hammered"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mount_Druitt,_New_South_Wales

Actual current wiki....

....The 2001 City of Blacktown Social Plan identified that a high portion of Mount Druitt residents are migrants from non-English speaking nations, and that they tend to work in Blue collar jobs.[10] These statements are backed up by the 2006 census conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. It states that 46% of Mount Druitt's 13,583 residents were born overseas, more than double the national average, with 10.6% born in the Philippines, 3.3% from Iraq and 3.2% from Fiji. The most common occupation categories were clerical (18%), labourers (16%), machinery operators (15%) and tradespeople (14%). The suburb had a higher than average number of rental properties (38%) although a smaller than average number of these were state housing (5%).[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Druitt

Late nineties.

Don't believe everything on Wikipedia. Anyone can write what they like on it.

I know...just found it funny when I first read this when I bought my first IP. I was scared. But I knew nothing about Mounty County. Love it now!

Back