Western Sydney to outgrow the nation

Western Sydney to outgrow the nation

from: http://www.nmddata.com.au/newsletter/2012-01/05.html

Western Sydney will prove to be one of the nation's property investment hotspots next year, according to a recent report by SQM Research.

The Western Sydney Regional Report, gives Sydney's west a score of 4.25 stars out of five, and forecasts that the area will outperform most Australian regions next year.

Western Sydney's property prices are expected to grow by between 2.6% and 6.6% in 2012, says the report, thanks to various factors. These include:

Significant regional development over the last two decades – more so than the majority of surrounding regions.
A tight vacancy rate of significantly less than 2% over the last six years
Strong population growth in comparison to broader Sydney, which is forecasted to continue
Strong rental yields for both houses and units in comparison to broader Sydney
The affordability of property compared to greater Sydney

This doesn't surprise me right now though time will tell now that the SD concessions have disappeared for FHB's. First week back I've enquired on about 7 new listings for one particular client in the Blacktown LGA, only to learn 4 of them have sold already (all listed in last two weeks) So much for the weak market... :rolleyes: The popular picks are still houses in the sub $400K price brackets. Yields strong though keep in mind Virgo's yield includes a g/flat so certainly isn't typical of what is out there :D

Have been saying this for years...

This region I want to go up yet at the same time I want it to stay stable as I like being active out there.

I think there is some massive growth roper ties in this pocket and fear within 3 - 5 years that property investment out there will look vastly different.

Maybe you can move to another state after its run Nathan! In your opinion Nathan and others - is the best growth area near Willmot/Whalan/Emerton etc... as the area goes from housing commission to private ownership?

Maybe you can move to another state after its run Nathan! In your opinion Nathan and others - is the best growth area near Willmot/Whalan/Emerton etc... as the area goes from housing commission to private ownership?

I'm not sure how this is happening out in these suburbs as we don't buy here but, from memory, I believe Emerton has more HC stock than Whalan and Willmot- happy to be corrected here Nathan, as you're more familiar with these areas?

keep in mind Virgo's yield includes a g/flat so certainly isn't typical of what is out there :D

Think her $530 is 2 x half houses at $220 each and garage leased to a tradie for $90 per week. Granny flat will be on top of that again.

Personally I am not a fan of the "cram a granny flat out the back" phenomena. Everywhere you look on the rentals on RE/Domain and the houses that hang around for rent or that come up for re-tenanting all the time are all the ones with "granny flat in the backyard leased seperately". Family renters dont like someone livinig in the backyard. And landlords trying to get $300pw for a granny flat when a house isn't much more.

Maybe I am short sighted, but I see GF's as a gimmick that ends up making good houses unappealing to much of the rental market. Short term gains for long term pain.

Granny Flat

Hiya

I know, i know...good thing is they are pretty much neutral to cash flow positive:p My tenants have been co-habiting like that for the last 5 years:eek:
Sydney with its housing shortage: watch out ; granny here i come!!!

I know this is my first post and all but, have been researching real estate for the last few years and have lived in Blacktown all my life.

There is no doubt that there is money to be made in blacktown the in coming two years.

You can pickup a house on 700m2 for around 320 - 360 depending on the day and opportunity + how quick you are + seller circumstances.

Looking at the couple of suburbs east of blacktown towards Sydney. Seven hills and toongabbie, both have increased within the last few years. Blacktown, lalor park, doonside and marrayong are next on the list. Estimate a likely 50k CG within the next two years.

After Parra, Blacktown is set to be the next major hub along the western sydney train line.

No harm in throwing a granny flat at it if tennant are willing to put up with each other. Will turn it postive cash flow if the block is good and all sewrage and easments are clear.

Don;t think you can go too far wrong with good old blacktown right now. It's finally getting it's 15 minutes of fame soon, I think.

Just my 2 cents.

My 2cents, I am a strong believer in price relativity, why will you pay more in the long run for a house further away from the city/transport etc? When prices in the greater west start to outstrip those closer to town, the buyers will move on and prices will stabilise/crash.

Have been saying this for years...

Really!!!! ;)

I think there is some massive growth roper ties in this pocket and fear within 3 - 5 years that property investment out there will look vastly different.

Can you please expand on your fear? How do you think it will change things?
I'm already seeing some houses getting very close to the $300K mark, and some of them aren't like the knock down rebuilds, just renoed houses.

Thanks.

Back