Westpac 3 Year Fixed

Announced this afternoon - 4.99% p.a. for 3 years.

I'm betting a lot might jump on this one.

Just keep in mind it might take 3 years to have it approved due to Westpac's current processing times.

Now this is Christmas, its getting better and better.

Stuff looking for a rental. i might just go get me a PPOR cheaper than renting.

Just keep in mind it might take 3 years to have it approved due to Westpac's current processing times.

Sweet:D

Cant find any news on it yet, was it a good source?

Dave

Nice looking at refinancing very shortly... Bring on the cash flow pos... and maybe my 2nd IP :) :)

Well, you got my attention !! Hmm - must be some serious something I can do with THAT !!!

"I'll be back" :p

Regards,

Huh?!

So they've gone from 6.89% pa or 6.69% pa after a 0.20% pa discount...to 4.99% pa?

I'll believe it when I see the link...

beauty when i find 3-5 year fixed loans @ 4.99 with my banks i will fix them all (those that are variable)

4.99 is absolute pearler... even if cash rates are @ 1.5 the interest rate will still be like 3.5%, so the downside of fixing @ 4.99 is low, but upseide is massive.

also, does 4.99% include stgeorge? i thought stgeorge was same as westpac now, however stgeorge just announced their own rate cuts, 85 basis points.

I think I have found the link.

http://www.nzmoneytalk.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=213

No wonder neither my aggregator, BDM or the Wetspac site make no mention of it.

on that link it says it is for a credit card

see below

Westpac announced a brand new offer this week for anyone taking out their new credit card. They're going to give you six month's worth of retail purchases on it with a capped interest rate of just 4.99% p.a.

I think it's a great solution if you like to start early and get everything in and have less of a headache once January statements start dropping through the door. When your six months is up, your Westpac Low Interest MasterCard, as they're calling it, will change to their standard interest rate (currently 12.95% p.a.). The card's on offer now but if you want one, be quick to apply because this offer is for accounts opened before the end of this month.

Does this appeal to you? I like it.

The lowest 3 year fixed rate is/was 6.49% pa with NAB...so if this news is actually true, this Westpac rate is now 1.5% pa less than this...

see below

Westpac announced a brand new offer this week for anyone taking out their new credit card. They're going to give you six month's worth of retail purchases on it with a capped interest rate of just 4.99% p.a.

I think it's a great solution if you like to start early and get everything in and have less of a headache once January statements start dropping through the door. When your six months is up, your Westpac Low Interest MasterCard, as they're calling it, will change to their standard interest rate (currently 12.95% p.a.). The card's on offer now but if you want one, be quick to apply because this offer is for accounts opened before the end of this month.

That poss old anyway, that was announced in October if you look at the date of the posting.

If there any other Brokers that can confirm or deny this rate change.

see below

I'm aware of that PLUS it's a NZ site ;)

Was making a point (why I highlighted in BOLD red. I'd like it to be true but think it's a little fast for this. Guess we'll see tomorrow.
I'd hate for someone to be posting such info and getting people excited if it weren't true but as I said....we should hear more tomorrow if it's true.

AGAIN, to all others, I was being tongue in cheque with the link. It's a NZ site NOT an Aussie one.

3 yr futures trading implied 3.5%, add around 110bps minimum to get any issuances away plus their profit margins so circa 6.5% sounds about right. To get another 150bps off, we'd really need to see a capitulation in the economy. ie. cash rates sub 2% mark. Bring it on!

Its too late, already on realestate.com.au.

Its so slow at the moment...maybe thats a good sign.

What's too late? :)

OH BTW just had a look at original posters other 5 posts. Some real quality imput over the last 6 months.

~~willig to stand corrected and eat humble pie~~ but I think the 4.99% for 3 yrs may have everyone excited for no reason (for the time being).

HMMMMMM Pie!

What's too late? :)

OH BTW just had a look at original posters other 5 posts. Some real quality imput over the last 6 months.

~~willig to stand corrected and eat humble pie~~ but I think the 4.99% for 3 yrs may have everyone excited for no reason (for the time being).

HMMMMMM Pie!

So sorry, I didn't realise one had to post a minimum amount of times before being allowed to provide news.

Perhaps you should speak to your Westpac BDM as to why he's not updating you.

P.S. Future apology accepted.

This is the email I received from my BDM this afternoon:

FIXED RATE REDUCTIONS - EFFECTIVE 4TH DECEMBER 2008

Following a review of interest margins and competitor rates we are reducing our Home and Investment Property Loan (IPL) fixed interest rates. These rates, in addition with the recent Premier Advantage Package extra 0.20% discount on fixed rates, see Westpac as market leaders out of the major lenders in the fixed rate market with the special 3 year fixed rate more than 1% below any other lender.

The following Home and IPL fixed interest rates will be effective from Thursday 4th December 2008
:

There is then a table, which I'm not going to paste as it looks horrid. FYI, 5 years fixed is 6.29%, not too shabby either.

Too late...i already got excited.

I also checked out the OP's previous posts and they are all quality. Hopefully we can get a confirmation from another source.

So sorry, I didn't realise one had to post a minimum amount of times before being allowed to provide news.

Perhaps you should speak to your Westpac BDM as to why he's not updating you.

P.S. Future apology accepted.

This is the email I received from my BDM this afternoon:

There is then a table, which I'm not going to paste as it looks horrid. FYI, 5 years fixed is 6.29%, not too shabby either.

No minimum posts needed and if the table shows 4.99% then you are certainly the bearer of good news. Finally one of the majors being proactive rather than reactive:).
Will be doing so 1st thing in the morning. Shall also give aggregator until lunchtime and if no updates by them try and find out why.
Hmmmmm Pie. I love Pie. WD on the one breaking the news/scoop.

the table do come out all over the shop. A lot of deleting and entering required to get them looking tidy

Back