westpac 85 percent 7.11 percent?

applied for a loan today.

85 percent l.v.r interest rate 7.11 percent

any thoughts good deal? No mortgage insurance payable.

well i havent signed the docs as yet. So i value input from others.

Still over 30 days till settlement.

So i care.

Just pick Rolf's brain or one of the others and then walk into what ever branch is recommended and get it done :D :D

applied for a loan today.

85 percent l.v.r interest rate 7.11 percent

any thoughts good deal? No mortgage insurance payable.

I don't think it's to bad considering that you don't have to pay lenders mortgage insurance with the 85% LVR. LVR premiums i paid with CBA wow...

one of the better products around at present. pity its eastpac but at the end of the day they are all the same

Hiya

Not normally a product junkie, but for a PAYG income earner the WBC Rocket Repay Suite under their pro pack is "the best" widget of the larger lenders products for most multi IP folks.

ta
rolf

well i havent signed the docs as yet. So i value input from others.

Still over 30 days till settlement.

So i care.

If you don't need the branch access or offset account, ING is also waiving LMI @85% with no ongoing fees at 6.96% (loans over $300k). There's a few disadvantages with ING but if price is your main concern it's hart to beat.

Just saw vbplease's post. 6.99% has an offset accout @ING.

I think it's also important for the thread starter to remember that the lowest variable rate offered by a bank at the moment is just that VARIABLE (it can change)

it's a good product, dont be too rate driven....rate does change- Since they have given you the NO LMI option at 85% it's a huge saving already.

also 30 days till settlement is not a lot of time, best to get it over and done with :)

Regards
Michael

ING no LMI at 85% is hardier to apply compare to Westpac's one....ING have strict criteria ( REF product) - and it does not have a end date (yet)...but looking at the market i say they would end it in July and when it does end...LMI with ING is not expensive anyway if you meet their "strict criteria" for REF.

Regards
Michael

Our brief experience is they are ok at the front end IE purchase, but shocking to get top ups out of .

ta

rolf

I agree with that assessment Rolf, although I think some other lenders are fast catching up on the pain level for top ups given many're requiring full applications post NCCP.

I have a really good relationship with Westpac.

I was in the general banking line the other day and spotted the manager I normally deal with.

" hey mate. I need that Construction loan now.and top my equity loan amount up to 85% would ya"

" no worries I'll have it sorted today. I'll swing the paperwork past you this arvo for a signature and it will be sweet.

"thanks mate"

I like fast easy transactions. It takes longer to draw $20 bucks out of an ATM.

Back