Westpac / Genworth

Why has Westpac topedoed Genworth for 90 plus LMI? Is it self insuring or changing its credit policy?

As far as I know, they are not self insured and use Genworth and QBE. Anything over 80% is in LMI (Genworth territory) except for the professionals package (up to 90%).

ANZ is self insured.

Genworth shares crash as Westpac pulls deal

Investors have wiped off more than a fifth of the market value of Genworth Mortgage Insurance after one of its biggest customers, Westpac, sent shockwaves through the industry by taking its business overseas

http://www.theage.com.au/

Westpac use QBE and all their sub brands (st george, rams, bom, bank sa) use Genworth. They have given the boot to both and have engaged a reinsurer based in Bermuda.

I think it's about de-risking primarily and hopefully premium prices will come down a bit. Gouging ATM!

Why has Westpac topedoed Genworth for 90 plus LMI? Is it self insuring or changing its credit policy?

For profit....

They have kicked out genworth and QBE has been given similar notice to reduce their prem or get the boot... ( by the way i dont think wesptac is passing this prem "cut" to it's customers....)

According to new report...Westpac is in talks with Archc ( Bermuda) as their reinsurance.

Back