• 41 - 50

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • over 60

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm 28, started 3 years ago, now have 5 IPs (6th on its way)....one is currently my PPOR, but really, its just another investment...I think I've done "alright" but can't help thinking I could be so much better off by now had I jumped in at the deep end earlier...:) ANyway, lessons to be learned!

I'm 28, started 3 years ago, now have 5 IPs (6th on its way)....one is currently my PPOR, but really, its just another investment...I think I've done "alright" but can't help thinking I could be so much better off by now had I jumped in at the deep end earlier...:) ANyway, lessons to be learned!
No use crying over spilt milk...you are now a bona fide milker....going for the cream. Well done!

I am 44 and my husband is 54. We too are mortgaged to the hilt with a PPoR and our first IP to settle in October.

It is all a bit scary, but somehow exciting.

I am in the process of buying 2 of Jan Somers books to help me understand about IPs.

34, PPOR paid off, 2 IPs. Next purchase anticipated for mid next year, although the more I read on this forum, the more I think maybe, just maybe, I should be buying No. 3 sooner ...

Great site, great stories! Totally inspirational!

And more than inspirational, everyone is great and positive and helpful!

DJ

44 - currently have the last property under contract working towards settlement, required to complete the acquisition stage of our portfolio.

Hubby and I are both 32.

We have 7 IPs and our PPOR. Thinking of renovating and selling one of these once it's baby time. Will stay in a holding pattern for now and increase our savings. We probably won't buy again until after 1 or 2 babies arrive and I return to part-time work or when a few of our properties become CF neutral, which should be in 2-3 years.

Our plan is to acheive a part-time income once kids start school (which will be approx. 7-8 years' time if hubby has a good shot (sorry, bit crass) so I can enjoy their school stuff rather than continuing the corporate life and not seeing the kids. Hopefully by then, hubby can go back to contracting at which point we won't need to rely on a salaried income to apply for more property loans.

We took the high road

We are M 54 F50. We bought our first IP in 1995 (commercial) second IP 1996 (commercial) third IP 1999 (block of flats) fourth IP 1999 (commercial) fifth IP 2002 (residential).

We then sold our family home (purchased in 1993) in 2003 at the top of the market then, and have rented ever since.

We next bought sixth IP 2005 (Holiday rental) then sold our third IP in 2006 and used the proceeds to purchase IP 7 & IP 8 in 2006(commercial) with interest in advance that cancelled out the capital gains on IP 3:p

So after reading two Jan Somers books in 1995 we managed to to purchase 8 IP's and sold 1 IP and the family home leaving 7 IPs in 11 years.

The most difficult aspect of investing was convincing my wife and children it was better to rent a family home and have no non deductable interest to pay.

It took three years of renting with no household maintenace expenses for the penny to drop. When I recently raised the issue of perhaps buying another family home the consensus was it didn't make sense because the rent we pay is $26,000 p.a. including gardening and pool maintenace on a house that is conservatively worth 2.5 million:eek:

37, hubby 45, no kids, PPOR and 2 IPs (one is a 3-pack). Still renovating the block and a bit undecided if we should buy more property or start getting into shares when we revalue next year... oh the choices ;).

kaf

Hiya,

I'm 22, with two IPs. Both dirt cheap little units, though, and no PPOR.

And a new sportscar. I'm not buying any property this year :p

Will be getting back into the share-trading soon though.

Cheers

James.

28 y.o.
No PPOR yet. 25+ properties and 20 or so blocks of land (many to be converted to multi unit sites). Started 4 years ago and will be going hard for another 2 more years. Will then buy the PPOR after that.

That drew my attention :)

It's amazing to have 25 properties in 4 years. For one thing, it takes me ages to fill in forms and get documents ready... good on ya mate :)

32 and partner 27. PPOR + 2 IPs + Business + Relatively small share portfolio. 3rd IP under negotiation. We started 5 years ago with 50k deposit for PPOR... I don't regret anything! Imagine what you would have missed out on if you spent your early 20's worrying about home loans and 5% yields. The were the best of times and the blurst of times.

Back