What an you do with Battle ax block

What can you do with Battle ax block

Hi All

Just after some ideas as to what could be put on a battleax block. This is very preliminary and have not as yet spoken to designers.

The dimensions of the main block is 20X40 meters, so 800sqm with the driveway the remaining 200sqm.

I am thinking that it could accommodate 4 townhouses configured as pigeon pairs facing each other. In this way each unit would have an area of 10x16 with a center driveway 8 meters wide.

What I am not sure about is whether with this configuration you could get enough area for cars to be able to turn into garages and also turn around to leave block driving forward.

A solution would be to put in underground parking but I don't think the extra costs would warrant the development. (better of to look elsewhere)

Cheers

Last edited:
Can you post a sketch diagram of the block?

Please indicate dimensions, streets, easement and North?

Any existing thing you wish to keep? (eg. Shed, cemented area, trees)

A picture is worth a thousand words :)

I'm happy to give planning comments.

BTW, You'll need the driveway to be 6m wide at the point the cars turn into the garages. There is an Australian Standard that gives all the car turning circle info and if Sutherland Shire doesnt call up all the standards in their development control plan, check out DCP 1 on the Queanbeyan Council website because they do call up the Australian standards. You could probably actually design all your car parking and on-site vehicular movement from this document, its quite good.

However, you would need to sketch someting up and then double check that this matches Sutherlands development control plans (just use the QCC document as a guide)

www.qcc.nsw.gov.au

PM me if you like.

What I am not sure about is whether with this configuration you could get enough area for cars to be able to turn into garages and also turn around to leave block driving forward.

You may also have to allow space for parking of a second vehicle for each unit.

Back