What are the "blue chip" suburbs in Brisbane?

Off the top of my head, Hamilton, West End, Highgate Hill, New Farm, Ascot, Clayfield, Newmarket, Woolloongabba, East Brisbane. There's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Off the top of my head, Hamilton, West End, Highgate Hill, New Farm, Ascot, Clayfield, Newmarket, Woolloongabba, East Brisbane. There's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

You had me stumped with East Brisbane for a while.... until I remembered the multi-million dollar houses on the river :D, and I am curious about your inclusion of Woolloongabba?

I'd add Bulimba and Balmoral to the list.

Many of the suburbs already named hold pockets of "blue chip" but still have some fairly ordinary housing as well, though I suppose even the "ordinary" houses hold their value due to proximity to the more expensive houses close by.

You're not thinking of buying a RIP there ard you Trogdor??

Believe it or not am toying with the idea for later in the year.....

Cursory search reveals yields miles ahead of Melbourne. Holding costs very low for a blue chip area it seems.

Easier to farm equity in RIP for CIP #2 and all that with a bigger RIP base :)

Do you have any in Brisbane JIT?

Only really familiar with south/west brisbane.

There are also pockets within suburbs. Anywhere along river as mentioned above or even Graceville, sherwood, corinda, indooroopilly, st lucia.......

pockets within asian suburbs ala Roberstson, sunnybank, sunnybank hills.....I believe these will outperform due to our globalisation/asian ecoonomy shift

acreage sites in stretton with multi-million dollar palaces

Great post. Can I buy a respectable 3 bedroom house for $550k in any of these blue chip areas in a "blue chip" street if that makes sense and what would my expected rental be? If not, what "2nd tier" blue chip suburbs should I be looking at at this price range? Thanks.

Back