What are the BOUNDARIES to Sydney?

Listened to Nathan Birch on Sunrise video and Nathan said he'd purchased in Sydney areas like Port Macquarie and Kochie said that's hardly in Sydney, making me think Kochie thought Sydney metro areas, so being that I live in QLD and rarely been to Sydney (yes, I'm from the dinosaur era), what are the geographic boundaries to "Sydney" - I saw this map on Google suggesting Penrith to Campbellton to Avalon and obviously to Sydney city & sea)

But what do most people define as Sydney location itself?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...m2!3m1!1s0x6b129838f39a743f:0x3017d681632a850

I used to live in Lismore which is on the Far North Coast of NSW. When people used to ask where I'm from and I stated Lismore they were like 'Oh, so around Newcastle' and my response was usually no, further north. Next guess was Port Macquarie which was still about 5 hrs south to where I was. So I ended up saying I was only about 45 mins south of the QLD border... 'Oh, so Coffs Harbour then' :mad::D

We all know that 'NSW' stands for 'Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong' because the rest of the state gets forgotten....:rolleyes:

I'd agree with google more or less.....
Palm beach to cronulla and west to penrith and campbeltown..... or perhaps even to camden. beyond that and ur rural! lol

Google's got it right here - Sydney metro covers a pretty huge area but the loveliest bits away from the harbour are actually in the rural Hills if you ask me :D We may be well in the map but it certainly doesn't feel like a cap city out here!

I used to live in Lismore which is on the Far North Coast of NSW. When people used to ask where I'm from and I stated Lismore they were like 'Oh, so around Newcastle' and my response was usually no, further north. Next guess was Port Macquarie which was still about 5 hrs south to where I was. So I ended up saying I was only about 45 mins south of the QLD border... 'Oh, so Coffs Harbour then' :mad::D

We all know that 'NSW' stands for 'Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong' because the rest of the state gets forgotten....:rolleyes:

It actually stands for Narellan, Sydney, Wahroonga.

Newcastle and Wollongong are both ignored.

Back