What are you grateful for?

Is it just me or do other people notice how incredibly lucky we are to be living in Australia at this time?

We have clean streets, beautiful buildings, safe roads, gorgeous beaches and coasts, so many things to do, free picnic and BBQ areas, cinemas, caf?s, entertainment.

I know so many people have gripes about the government, health systems, farming, but people are generally not left to starve to death we are looked after and live in such rich surroundings with sooo many opportunities everywhere.

A few weeks ago my son cut the tip of his finger trying so slice through an apple. We spent hours at the children's hospital and when we went to pay they did not take any money! What a wonderful system.

I'm not sure what all the gripes are about - I disconnect from negative people and certainly do not choose them as part of my experience, but from what I see, there is very little to complain about and much to be thankful for.

Is it just me or do other people notice how incredibly lucky we are to be living in Australia at this time?

We have clean streets, beautiful buildings, safe roads, gorgeous beaches and coasts, so many things to do, free picnic and BBQ areas, cinemas, caf?s, entertainment.

I do notice.

Sadly, most who I hear complaining are those who hasn't live in another country :(

At times I get wrapped up in my own issues and forget the bigger picture so here are a few things I am grateful for...

I am grateful that my parents did their best in giving me an education and teaching me the benefit of hard work, perseverance and living within my means.

I am constantly amazed at how lucky I am to have met a lady who is smart and good with money and who puts up with my moods. Together we are more than just the sum of us.

I am glad that I live in a country where the above can still make a difference.

For all its misgivings, it must be one of the best places, especially if you're a beneficiary of some aforementioned things (eg medicare)

I'd like to further add:

I'm truly grateful to be living in this great country. I don't think many other countries would have tolerated me.

But one thing that annoys me is when people continually post irrelevant nonsense on the internet (not SS:D). Thank you very much.

I do notice.

Sadly, most who I hear complaining are those who hasn't live in another country :(

Go to any third world country and spend some time there preferably outside the "westernised bubble".

Coming back to Oz is like returning to Disneyland. Everything is highly organised and relatively easy in comparison.

I came from a terrorist hotspot (Belfast N Ireland in the 70s) and so thankful my parents chose to come to Strayla.

I am grateful to live in a country where I don't live in daily fear of:

war
terrorism
genocide
persecution
famine
disease

and where you can freely criticise those that are in power without fear of retribution.

I am grateful to live in a country where I don't live in daily fear of:

war
terrorism
genocide
persecution
famine
disease

and where you can freely criticise those that are in power without fear of retribution.

But if you are addicted to tv and bad news you will develop a false fear of all of those things plus more...

But if you are addicted to tv and bad news you will develop a false fear of all of those things plus more...

Coming from Germany, I can tell you that many old people seemed to dread war more than death.

Hopefully something like this is not going to happen again, but I think we'd do well to be scared of war.

Back