What benefits for borrowing more than 1M

Hi mortbrokers is there any benefit given to investors if they borrow more than $1m in investment Debt?

I have read somewhere that discounts are 1% off the variable is this correct or not?

I have read somewhere that discounts are 1% off the variable is this correct or not?
Tell him he's dreamin'

I'm with the WBC pro pack and have loans over $1M and I get 80bp off the standard variable which is still pretty good. I tried for another 10bp off last week and my private banker just laughed. :D

Cheers,
Michael.

actually, you could run the loan thru bankwest and get 1% off variable for the 1st 2 years.
IF its a full doc. really owing $1m isnt 'heaps' in many cases.

just dont look for super fast service from them currently - they're swamped - or so I'm told.

I thought with Loans over $1mil its the bank manager that gets to lie awake at night worrying about your mortgage. Where as if its under $1mil its you who lies awake at night worrying.

thats the only benefit I see

I thought with Loans over $1mil its the bank manager that gets to lie awake at night worrying about your mortgage. Where as if its under $1mil its you who lies awake at night worrying.

thats the only benefit I see

How does the saying go?

- If you owe the bank $100,000 and don't pay, its your problem.

- If you owe the bank $100,000,000 and don't pay, its their problem.

Negotiating volume discounts at this very moment is like pulling teeth. As Rolf stated you could expect some additional discount, but you categorically won't get what may have been available 6 months ago. Discount level is not a good way to compare loans at the moment in any case, base rates are often different and are changing frequently.

Regards
Alistair

In the last month I got 0.9% off, $1.2m, one of the big four, nothing x-colled, 95% loans, two visa cards and a HDT setup too.

Guess I better hurry up and sign those loan docs!!

1.0%+ has been possible in the past, but I'd doubt it today.

Ive just completed ANZ's new pricing discount form. They used to have one, but got rid of it late last year. I have just over 700k with them, so I asked for .9% off.
I doubt I'll get that much, as they look at thier total exposure, and part of my borrowings were fixed in 2005... I know the CBA will discount over .7% if the broker or banker takes a cut to his commission, which if I werent PAYG employed I would certainly consider doing.
Fingers crossed, if you dont ask, you will never know!

ANZ's pricing department came back with .74% for a loan amount of $702k. Not a great result, but $280 p.a better off for asking....

Back