What can I do with the bad agent?

Today the agent went to my property for final inspection, when I talked with her about the damange caused by the tenants, she completely stood at the side of tenant, repeatedly saying "tenant said blabla...". I argued with her quite a long time and her unprofessional speaking and doing made me very unhappy. I have complained to her company's manger, and I'm going to take further action to fight with her disqualified conduct. The following are some of her bad saying and doing,could you please give instruction on which point I can lodge complaint and how to do that?

BTW, I have given her notice that I stop using this company's service after the previous lease has been finalized.

* this is the 3rd business day after the tenant vacated, she just came to final inspection; but she did nothing, no any report was handed to me.

Does she have the legal liability to give me final inspection report?

* she also called the tenant to go to the property and move a big cabinet out which was left by the tenants.
Did she have the right to allow tenants to enter the property?
Did the tenants have the right to enter the property again?

* during the argument, she aggressively encourage the tenant to sue me by smearing that my property was not reasonably clean when the tenants moved in, but she is blind that the agreement was signed between her company's another agent and tenants.

The agent company charged me management fee, but she didn't help me, on the contrast, her saying potentially cause me legal trouble. what can I do with that? Can I require to certain authority to refund my the last month's management fee?

I just regret I didn't record what she said!

The final inspection should be carried out within 24 hours at the most.

The agent doesn't need to give you the final inspection report, but you can certainly request it.

I would be very upset if my agent informed the tenant to sue me. What was the property like when the tenant moved in? What does the condition report say? If the property was not reasonably clean, then the tenants don't *need* to leave it spotless, but they don't have reason to sue, it just means if things weren't cleaned when they moved in, you can't get them to pay for them to be cleaned after.

Legally she doesn't need to allow the tenant to go back, however if it went to VCAT most members have an expectation and may not allow the full claim if they feel the tenant was not given opportunity to rectify the issues. Usually the tenant would be allowed to attend the same day/next business day for a few hours to fix anything up that's needed.

Regarding the management fee, they're legally entitled to this fee, but if you feel that they have breached the contract you can speak to management about having this fee refunded.

Compare the original inspection report when they moved in against the final inspection report when they left. You also need to take into account any periodical inspection reports.

Unless there is something noticeably wrong then it is most likely "wear and tear".

You don't really provide enough information to be able to help any further though.

If it were my place I would have approved to let the old tenants in to take out the furniture that was left behind. It is a much easier option then paying someone to remove it, or needing to keep it in storage and the costs involved. What happened to you (tenants removing it themselves) was the best case scenario :)

Yesterday I complained to the agent's manager, she sent me the bond transfer form this morning, which made me feel better.

I believe requesting fee refunded is another battle, I don't want to spend so much time for $100 and her misconduct.

Thanks for reply!!

The final inspection should be carried out within 24 hours at the most.

The agent doesn't need to give you the final inspection report, but you can certainly request it.

I would be very upset if my agent informed the tenant to sue me. What was the property like when the tenant moved in? What does the condition report say? If the property was not reasonably clean, then the tenants don't *need* to leave it spotless, but they don't have reason to sue, it just means if things weren't cleaned when they moved in, you can't get them to pay for them to be cleaned after.

Legally she doesn't need to allow the tenant to go back, however if it went to VCAT most members have an expectation and may not allow the full claim if they feel the tenant was not given opportunity to rectify the issues. Usually the tenant would be allowed to attend the same day/next business day for a few hours to fix anything up that's needed.

Regarding the management fee, they're legally entitled to this fee, but if you feel that they have breached the contract you can speak to management about having this fee refunded.
The condition was good when tenants moved in, and the agreement was signed between another agent of this company and the tenants

Back