What caused the market stagnation from ~2003 (and any earlier ones) aftr the big boom

I'm curious to know who the two forum heavyweights are.

See_change and MTR often offer insightful & informational input in their posts. They're also consistent and have great experience/knowledge to back everything they say. I consider them forum heavyweights. I mean people who are high value to the Somersoft forums (personal opinion).

If you mean heavyweights from a financial success perspective... I don't think measuring "heavyweight" status via absolute financial success is very relevant. There are other important factors like how easily/fast did they achieve it and how much effort went into it, etc. I'd much rather have made 80% CG growth in 7 years than 120% after 15 for example

Very unlikely scenario, do you know the % of baby boomers or in general just people, who own 5 or more investments? Not that many in Australia, and I would think they would not be in just one place!
Even if incentive for baby boomers to sell was there, who would sell out all at once, imagine taxes involved?
The example above sees very weird????:confused:

You don't need to own 5, I'm sure plenty own 2,3,4, etc and a few own 10+.

You agreed with me on the "who would sell all at once". That's the point I'm making, there's little reason to cause a crash. At least at this stage. If things get a little ridiculous though, anything is possible I guess.

I'm curious to know who the two forum heavyweights are. So far in this thread the following people have answered:

Skater (obviously, that's me)
See_change
Zos
Propertunity
Dajakal
Cassandra
Deltaberry
James0360
Topcropper
MTR
MIW

Is a heavyweight someone with a lot of posts, or someone who's been here a long time, or someone with a high net worth, or someone who invests in 'quality' assets, or someone with a lot of properties?

Yep! That's me! You know me so well! :p

I'm actually a lightweight

Weighing 62kgs

I'm actually a lightweight

Weighing 62kgs

This is so funny...but I have seen you reply for some time so I think you would be one of the heavyweights!
IMO, most that are quite active on this forum for some years, with reasonable experience, sharing information and knowledge, are the heavyweights.
I think after a while when common values through threads align we then can form ideas who that is, don't you think?:)

See_change and MTR often offer insightful & informational input in their posts. They're also consistent and have great experience/knowledge to back everything they say. I consider them forum heavyweights. I mean people who are high value to the Somersoft forums (personal opinion).

If you mean heavyweights from a financial success perspective... I don't think measuring "heavyweight" status via absolute financial success is very relevant. There are other important factors like how easily/fast did they achieve it and how much effort went into it, etc. I'd much rather have made 80% CG growth in 7 years than 120% after 15 for example

Andoug .

You obviously haven't been on the forum that long .

If there was such a category , I think most of the previously listed posters would be considered by most long term forumites to " often offer insightful & informational input in their posts " .

On a lighter note :D
I must admit I was puzzled by who you were referring too .....:eek:
I mean, I knew straight away I was one ..:cool: ;)
But who else :confused:

Cliff

Back