What do i need to know to be able to subdivide and how can i find it?

Yes for a double garage. But the retained dWelling has no garage.
Thanks for getting back to me, that's useful to know. Really, I can't see how a 3m wide drive would work for a double garage on a street front block.

The R-codes seem to deal a lot with side access to a rear dwelling but not much about street front access development except "no driveway wider than 6m at the street boundary". So it seems your drive for double garage on a street front block can be anywhere between 4m and 6m as long as it is .5 from a side boundary.

The development I want to do has a house behind a house and I am hoping I don't have to go wider than 3m. I have 3m clear, but not more than that.

Thanks for getting back to me, that's useful to know. Really, I can't see how a 3m wide drive would work for a double garage on a street front block.

The R-codes seem to deal a lot with side access to a rear dwelling but not much about street front access development except "no driveway wider than 6m at the street boundary". So it seems your drive for double garage on a street front block can be anywhere between 4m and 6m as long as it is .5 from a side boundary.

The development I want to do has a house behind a house and I am hoping I don't have to go wider than 3m. I have 3m clear, but not more than that.

Yeap i agree.
Give garreth chivell a call @belmont council or go have a sit down with him he is the town planner for belmont that takes care of cloverdale. Very helpfull guy and im sure he will be able to give you an accurate answer.

Pm me if you want his email.and contacts.

Yeap i agree.
Give garreth chivell a call @belmont council or go have a sit down with him he is the town planner for belmont that takes care of cloverdale. Very helpfull guy and im sure he will be able to give you an accurate answer.

Pm me if you want his email.and contacts.
Cheers for that. I think I will try to book in a time for a face to face because there are quite a few things to sort out and it is probably better in a meeting with plans and photos. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers for that. I think I will try to book in a time for a face to face because there are quite a few things to sort out and it is probably better in a meeting with plans and photos. I'll let you know how it goes.

PG this makes the most sense mate. Good luck!

Leo

Back