What do people think of Minto?

"Oi oi....oi oi Oi I wanna be a Minto man"

But look at the prices, look at the returns, vacancy rates are low. Mino has got to be a winna, No?

Coles left Minto mall.

Let me tell you, Coles rarely leaves an area lol. :D

I've only ever been to "Minno" once and it was to visit that Coles store back in 2002, I was part of the touch screen register fit-out. Saturday night job. The only thing I remember about it now was that the security guard had all of us move our cars into the loading dock because the dock had big floodlights over it so they could make sure none of the cars got broken into. And of all of the crummy town stores I worked in as part of that register rollout (and there were quite a few), that was the only one where there was that much of a implied safety risk.

12 years later, is it really any better out there?

My first PPOR was in minno... purchase land cash 7k deposit on 24k block september 1983 ( paid stamp duty then on land no first home owners scheme in new ) built house moved in 1986. A further 5k cash input to build. Had no cash to spare either. Sold in 1990 138k Mortgage 48k.

Memories of minto were hc told us we were lucky, we did not smoke or drink, had two kids and 50 per month to spare. Anyway glad we left the area, but minno worked for us at the time.

Born raised and lived in Minto for 25 years.

Minto is currently going through a massive facelift with most of the housing commission already cleared out and moved out to other suburbs. New houses have replaced where the housing commission areas once were and lots of new middle income families have moved into the area.

A new Minto Mall has been rebuilt in the last 12 months which took 3+ years to do as it was privately owned by a Chinese buyer who refused to sell. As this is now in the past there has been a big revitalisation in the area and major shops such as K-Mart and Woolwoorths are back allowing local residents to save a longer drive to Ingleburn town centre or Macacrthur Sq.

New parks have been constructed. My parents still live in the area and are very surprised on how much it has changed over the past 5 years. It's definitely not the same Minto I was brought up in. Things are looking very positive

Bumping this up.

What's wrong with Minno? Drove around the suburb last night, sure it cost a bit more than 2770 but heck it felt 'normal'. In fact I'd gone as far as saying it's prolly a little more normal than Livo or keep wandering out on Hoxton Park Rd.

I agree mini. I've been going to open houses in both in mino and Ruse. Prices are cheap when you consider what you get, eg big newish house on big land..And yes, I've seen the new land releases in Mino.

But I still see a bit of riffraff walking around the streets and an empty bottle of scotch sitting on the footpath lol. I think things are changing for the better there.

South western sydney strategy

The plan for the region included selling up much of the social housing estates in Minto, and replacing it with affordable housing as well as private homes.

It was planned for FY13, so depending in how much of that has come to fruition, I would expect the area to begin to gentrify as the demographic begins to shift.

Also, being close to the South Western growth corridor, and of close proximity to both Campbelltown and Liverpool - I'd imagine the area does have at least some prospects!

The suburb name sounds too..how can I put it, non classy and it's always going to be known as a suburb for lower than lower class bogans.

Back