What do property investors do for a living?

Hi guys
Would be interested to hear what people who invest in property do 'for a day job'!
I myself am a nurse, & ex hubby (who still invests with me!) is an air conditioning installer & gas fitter, so probably not what the 'general public' (whoever they might be!!!) might perceive to be property investors!
Annie

hi Annie
might sound funny put Im an investor full time.
is it a day job
yes
and alot of the night also.
there are lots of types of investors and all are different it depends on what rung of the investing ladder you are on.

I'm an accountant at the moment. But I want to become a full time investor, then a part time investor, then just do whatever I want.
Alex

Hi Annie,

I am also a full time investor and business owner. I have a property management business so I extend property managers to properties that I dont own.

My husband Angelo finds all the properties for us to buy and also works as a buyers agent to find properties for other people.

Our two businesses are just a natural extension of what we do already :D

Both of us have a professional background in medical research. Both of us have PhD's in medicine:rolleyes:

I knew it would be fascinating to hear what other formites do other than property investing......we have been buying property for 10 years now & have no intention of stopping (why would you??), but I love my job & have no intention of giving it up, whatever funds I end up with- the great thing for me is, that I work because I enjoy it & if I stopped enjoying it, I could give up if I wanted to.
Annie

I'm an investor... of other people's money. I work for a financial planner as a paraplanner. So I'm pretty much surrounded by finance most of the week. Lucky I love what I do.

Mark

I'm in IT and the wine industry.

IT in that I am a prolific poster to newsgroups, forums, and media blogs.

Wine in that I spend a lot of time testing the stuff.

And I am a part time physiotherapist, where I do my PI research.

Am or have also been involved in or funded several opportunistic pursuits: earthmoving, telecommunications towers, prawn wholesaling.

I'm a junior web developer/full time uni student/bag seller (a semi business owner) and I'm looking to do freelance web page stuff too.. oh and property investment- i cant wait for the day when i can do that full time!!

Hi

I'm a business owner and employee within my own business. It pays better than your average job with more perks, also funds the investing which I'm really enjoying. Only 2 IP's so far :)

Being in Perth I'm reluctant to go to number 3 but reading this site every day is great fun and motivating.

D

i'm a stay-at-home-mum and hubby is a research scientist ... he even has the mad hair to prove it!

i'm the property investor - being a scientist he has a money risk-comfort factor of about 0%

Wifey works part-time and I'm a real estate salesman (actually I'm also the manager of our office as of about a month ago :D ).

I'm enjoying the IP journey and earlier this year have started doing joint ventures, the first a small reno and now we're going the next step and doing a small development to build and hold.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a registered electrical contractor and an investor who's very hands on.
I'd like to semi retire soon (age 40 now) but.......

I'm in IT, doing any sort of property investing (research, etc) at night and at spare moments during the day. I don't want to be in IT in 5 years. :)

-- MJ.

Partially retired.. still do some work in Software Development.. moving more into full-time investing. Taking the scenic route via my hobbies though :)

trainee orthopaedic surgeon... if I wasn't so busy I'd be able to post more!!!

Cheers
Pulse

pulse, so suppose you are too busy playing rugby and getting on the turps afterwards? what is it about orthopods and rugby? and how come neurosurgeons always reckon you guys are the rugby players of surgery?

Full time grain grower here. I own most of my farm, the bank the other bit, so that means I am a property investor. I don't own any residential property at the moment but I have in the past. Currently investing in shares till resi property adds up again.

See ya's.

Hi, My husband is a Naval Officer and I am a full time mum and up until last year a part time student completing a children and family studies degree.

Property investing 'just happened'!- we both had a property when we met 11 years ago and then purchased another one - more than a little panicked, assuring ourselves we would sell one soon - but we didn't and eventually purchased a few more - now we are hooked!

Back