What do property investors do for a living?

I work for a Security/Investigation/Training Company that also imports products and I enjoy the work and people I work with.

But my Main Business is Property Investing, its not Income Replacing yet but the Capital Growth of late has been far more than that earnt by my normal 8 to 6 job...

Last edited:
I'm a fully qualified Refrigeration / Air Conditioning Mechanic but currently working in the oil and gas industry offshore on an oil rig. Currently looking at getting back into refrig / ac work on my time off, and a part time investor.

Other half is a stay at home (just about to be) mum. She looks after all our finances.

Regards

Regrow

I'm trained as an architectural draftsperson and have always worked for project home builders and designers.

For the last 2 years I've been working as a "design control officer" for a large Australian developer which means I assess plans builders and mum&dads want to build on some of our estates. I stamp these plans, send them back to the builder and then they submit the plans to Council. It's basically a townplanning job. Oh, and in my spare time at work, I draft on our own projects.

Love the work, but want to work on my own developments full time within the next couple of years.

Looked at another dual occ property today. Looks like it's a goer depending on the owner accepting our offer and a pest inspection !!!

Hubby is in IT and I am a Newspaper Advertising Manager - got into property later than I would have liked so fast tracking & taking a few chances which seem to be paying off so far. Hubby has been working 12 hour shifts and driving 1 1/2 hours each way to work 4 times a week for a long time so my goal is to get us into a postion where that stops and hopefully I can also ditch work and we can then spend more time property investing/developing.

Sparky

Currently full time employee in Human Resources and Employment Law/IR areas and part time foreign exchange trader. As of next year will be a full time uni bum again :D and hopefully a full time trader as well!

My ideal job would be as a full time trader but getting a degree is a necessary back up plan...

I'm a Software Developer (and hating every minute of it). Good thing is, it gives me time to research and look at properties while at work, and also read through Somersoft when I'm bored :D

Cheers,
Ozi

Me too! But I make things move with my software so I quite like that bit. Pay's is OK too - it will do until the property/shares stuff can replace it in 5 years

Lindy

Another one who works in the Psychology area here, in the business side of things. And share trader/investor too, depending on the entity!

I work full-time in the QLD public service.

Am keen about property investment and related activities. This has added new challenges to life and helped define short and long term goals.

Cheers,
AnneDe

Hi Annie

I like your attitude. A lot of peopll gripe about how much they hate there jobs. You seem to be enjoying what your doing which is great. what's even better is that your investing on the side, so if you ever change your mind about your job you can do what ever your heart desires. I'm a full time investor now. I also enjoyed my job. I used to be in reaserach science. It was alot for fun. but I came to the point that I thought that Full time investing would be even more fun. The destination is a great place to be but it is also great to have alot of fun during the journey.

Take care:)

I'm a Network Engineer in the banking industry. One day when the bank account is fatter I'll be a personal fitness trainer and investor.

I'm another who loves their job.......nice to know I don't have to do it if I get fed up at some stage though! Would never have been in this situation if it wasn't for property!!!!!
Annie
'it's all good'

I'm a "commercial officer" (basically means I deal with contracts, finance, accounts payable/receivable - anything that involves money or negotiating money or terms) for a telecommunications company.

My "dream job" is one that involves frequent travel between the Oz and USA (I'm American) - anyone know of any of these jobs? :D :D

Cheers,
Jen

Stewardess? (That is, if you're OK with the increased risk of getting cancer). :)

No, not interested in doing anything involving years of training (from what i understand, getting up to internation flights as a stewardess is a mighty long haul) would prefer a company that just needs someone who has residency in both countries, making it easy for them to travel back and forth, and is looking for someone to do it now :D .

What's the increased risk of getting cancer??:eek:

Cheers,
Jen

Head of Supply Chain for the MDF business unit of a multinational Forestry and Wood Products organisation. i.e. Boring executive type, but at least its related to the residential building industry. :)

Cheers,
Michael.

Back